Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Heraldry & Calligraphy in Xara Pro

interesting thread...

Nice work, gbpatriot... despite your reservations.

i have posted a followup over in Off Topic where i can blather to my hearts content.

"And as housing and all the costs of living is so high, what else can people do unless they prefer to be homeless. "

Sally.... some of us DO so prefer. To lower the cost of keeping myself alive so that i can spend the remainder of my days doing something (writing, drawing) that i actually enjoy and think worth doing.... i gave up my home and live in a motorhome (caravan, to some). it is worth it.

geo.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBen View Post
    interesting thread...

i have posted a followup over in Off Topic where i can blather to my hearts content.

"And as housing and all the costs of living is so high, what else can people do unless they prefer to be homeless. "

Sally.... some of us DO so prefer. To lower the cost of keeping myself alive so that i can spend the remainder of my days doing something (writing, drawing) that i actually enjoy and think worth doing.... i gave up my home and live in a motorhome (caravan, to some). it is worth it.

geo.
    In some countries that option is not available, I would love that option
    but in our little overcrowded country, you will brake the law.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Ray that is excellent. You and the recipient should be proud.

Calligraphy was a hobby that often provided some extra income when I was attending school and college back in the dark ages of the 1960's

Given the choice of creating similar work by hand or using Xara Xtreme Pro....give me Xara every time
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

well, ankhor,

it is only legal here because of the vast numbers of involuntarily dispossessed that they would have only that many more people living in doorways.

Still, many communities here are passing laws restricting the practice to the point of outlawing it completely (try living in yer RV in Beverly Hills!).

but, it is actually a pretty cool lifestyle.

Boondockers Unite! You Have Nothing To Lose But Your Home.

geo.

well, ankhor,

it is only legal here because of the vast numbers of involuntarily dispossessed that they would have only that many more people living in doorways.

Still, many communities here are passing laws restricting the practice to the point of outlawing it completely (try living in yer RV in Beverly Hills!).

but, it is actually a pretty cool lifestyle.

Boondockers Unite! You Have Nothing To Lose But Your Home.

geo.
    Oh I agree, they want it to make it impossible to be living outside the system.
    I think they like the control it gives them, I sometimes get the feeling that I am becoming somebody elses property.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

interesting thread...

geo.
    The people of which I speak would be considering themselves rich who have a blanket and shelter in a dumpster enclosure to have a motorhome. That is not homeless, that is warm and dry, you have a shower you can cook. People who are homeless who have only a car to sleep in to those who sleep in refrigerator boxes. And people fight over them. Sadly, children are often among the homeless. The state when it finds out will take the children away to put them in foster care who gets thousands of dollars to care for the kids, but the state will not give that to the parent who is homeless. This makes no sense. Among homeless people are veterans who live on the streets. There is quite a problem in my area as it is the north east corner of Los Angeles county. Downtown Los Angeles did a clean up and bussed the homeless from downtown L.A. to where I live. They are all over the place.

I am observant, I do read the papers, and I am not ont to make this up, nor exaggerate. It freezes here often at night. Not so in downtown L.A. So there was a shortage of beds for the homeless in severe weather before this bussing happened. Now there is a big problem. My husband works for a school and they have people sleeping in the trash bins every night foraging for food. Is he making that up or he tells it how it is, I am getting it wrong because I am over-excited and not stating it right?!?! Stop patronizing me! The U.S. spends a ton of money on helping refugees every other place than in the U.S. It is a growing problem. That coupled with the explosion of minimum wages jobs, there are more and more sleeping in their cars. And no, they do not have heat when they sleep.

They did not sell their home to adventure in the great beyond, they live on picking up cans and bottles, they do not have any money, these are the ones who don't work, the state of those who do work is slightly better. At least they do use the YMCA for showers, if they are parents and seek help, their kids are taken from them. So many of them do not get help and keep their kids out of school so they do not lose their kids. If you haven't owned a home before the chance of ever buying one is slim and none.

If this is a laughing matter, I am not laughing.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    The U.S. spends a ton of money on helping refugees every other place than in the U.S.
    Reminds me of one city in particular which has a high number of murders where folks boast about the courage of their lads who have volunteered to go killing in Iraq while being too scared to name to the cops the killers in their own neighbourhood.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Ahhh.... That's way off topic.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This thread is about Ray's illustration, not politics and social issues. If you have anything further to clarify, please take it to PMs. (2 posts after Egg's note has been removed).

Risto