Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

It's fall, I know, but reallly.....
    I am using a series of logos which were sent to me as vector graphics, allowing me to "work" them a bit in Corel. But recently I started having a problem with the things changing colors or going to solid black when I import them. The are in color on my file menu preview - pms2728 or 280 blue and pms 144 orange, pms warm red (why don't printers know that one???).

Okay...what am I doing wrong, assuming OD as the problem

Dean [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

It's fall, I know, but reallly.....
    I am using a series of logos which were sent to me as vector graphics, allowing me to "work" them a bit in Corel. But recently I started having a problem with the things changing colors or going to solid black when I import them. The are in color on my file menu preview - pms2728 or 280 blue and pms 144 orange, pms warm red (why don't printers know that one???).

Okay...what am I doing wrong, assuming OD as the problem

Dean [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

Dean

What package created the logo's you are trying to import?

What format are the logos in?

I have problems with Illustrator EPS files that convert to CMYK instead of reading the Pantone settings from the file.

I have to go and manually change them back.

However I have not had files import with all colours as black.

Peter

Write something memorable and live forever - anonymous
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

While I can't think of any reason why an image would actually lose color from preview to import, I recommend trying two things:

1) I always Open vector files (AI, EPS, PS, PRN, PDF)in Corel rather than Import. I can then drag or copy them to another window if I want. This has been more reliable, especially with font issues.

2) See whether your View settings are causing a b&w display. Either Normal or Enhanced should show color.

If these have no effect, please e-mail me the image in question so I can confirm or suggest. (type@instaprint.com)

Incidentally, all PMS colors are mixed using about ten "primary" colors, one of which is Warm Red. Any print house employee who doesn't think that's a legitimate PMS selection is probably both an anti-Corel bigot and new to printing.
    IP