Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Model this today. Let me know what you think. The texture is a procedural that I downloaded at Deep Shade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lantern_crop.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	8536  

Model this today. Let me know what you think. The texture is a procedural that I downloaded at Deep Shade.

Excellent Modeling Randy. That procedural texture looks great.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Fabulous Randy You really make me wish I had the time to devote to 3D ... you make it look so easy.

The wire and metal texture on the top of the lamp looks SUPER realistic. The base of the lantern has a "kind of" carnival glass/metal look. Great Work!

Nice modeling Randy, what program did you use? I have 2 antique railroad lanterns hanging on my patio.

Cool - or should that be hot?

I did a safety cage around a roof light for my space corridor, but the problem was it cast a terrible spider cast - due to the protective wires.

Have you tried putting a light inside?

PS what is a procedural texture?

Turan

Soquili - Thanks! I can't remember you made the texture, but I like it also.

OklaEd - Thanks! You should give 3D a chance. You still have time to sign up for my class. Enrollment ends tomorrow (July 7th) See the sticky thread at the top of this forum. For $20.00 you can see if 3D is for you. The Texture at the top of the lantern, is the same as the base, but they do not look the same. This is something that is puzzling me.

Mike - Used Maxon's C4D R8. It is my 3D software of choice. Though I still want to find the time to play with Z-Brush.

Turan - I have experimented with a light inside, but have no gotten the results I want yet. A procedrual texture is one that consits of math formulas (fractals and such), instead of bitmaps. It is sort of like vectors, in that the closer you get the texture holds up and doesn't show its jaggies.

Looks good Randy

Nice modeling for sure

THanks for the response Randy. Are procedural textures a R8 option? I'm still on the v6CE+ version?

Turan

gidgit - Thanks.

Turan - In the Material Manager's File menu -- New 3D Shader. Those are all procedural textures. It wasn't until v7 that SLA was included in C4D, until then it was a plug-in. But I do not think the plug-in is still available.