Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Flash Movies with a Trasparent Background that work in PowerPoint?

Ok, I'm still missing something. In PowerPoint, I insert a webpage using the webpage insertion utility, and set the URL to the location of an html file on my computer which is made using the html code that Xara gives for the flash animation previews. The result is that the flash animation plays in the html object in PowerPoint. However, I'm still missing something; I can’t get the background of the html object to be transparent.

I think what would be helpful would be if you could post all the files you used to create your .pps file, so that I can construct it myself using the components. This will help me identify what is different in my approach.

edit:
    I think after some further playing around that my expectations may be a bit high. I was expecting a solution where an object showing a swf (whether it be a SW flash object, or a html object loading a swf) would have a completely transparent background so that any other objects on the PowerPoint slide underneath would be visible. In other words, like having a transparent photo overlaid on top of another object, allowing the bottom object to be seen. Is this possible?
    Last edited by Xhris; 11 May 2007 at 04:03 AM.
    IP