Hi Anders,

Thanks for the detailed response. After resetting the settings, your pps file wasn't working still. I installed the two recommended addins, and I realised that in PowerPoint, the tools-macro-security setting was set to high not medium and this was preventing the addins from working. After changing this, your pps worked.

The webpage addin allows quick insertion of any webpage (eg www.xara.com) into a PowerPoint presentation, which is very impressive. Am I right in thinking that you got the transparent flash working by loading it up via the webpage and not actually putting a flash object directly into PowerPoint? If so, I'm still not sure how you got the flash to be transparent. If you make a transparent flash file and load it via the webpage feature in powerpoint, is the transparency transferred through, unlike if you insert a shockwave flash object? If so, then would this mean I need to have the html file like those I talk about for layered flash files in my flash tutorial document (in my signature) locally on my computer to load in via the PowerPoint web addin? (These are rhetorical questions to be honest, as I'm short of time). I'll edit this post later if i get it to work with a clear and simple recipe of how to add transparent flash files to PowerPoint).