Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Export TIFFs?

Default Export TIFFs?

I have v.0.7 rev 1692 installed. In the Help documentation it's reported that XaraLx is able to export TIFFs, but there is no TIFF option in the export dialog...
    IP

Default Re: Export TIFFs?

I have the latest build and dont have an option for tiffs either...could possibly be that the feature hasnt been implemented yet...
    IP

Tiff export hasn't been implemented in Xara Xtreme for Linux (formerly called XaraLX).

So far there hasn't been any word on when or if further development will continue.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Tiff export hasn't been implemented in Xara Xtreme for Linux (formerly called XaraLX).

So far there hasn't been any word on when or if further development will continue.
    Hey All:
    Was wondering if I should mention this. Been back and forth between Vector Linux and Simply Mepis and have noticed differences between these two distros. Xara Xtreme in Vector Linux will create brushes, the Mepis version of Xara Xtreme (1692) won't. I just exported a .xar file (in Mepis) as a .tiff, with no problem, just felt I needed to add ".tiff" when I typed in the file name. I was able to open the exported file in The Gimp and showPhoto with no problems. I have 19 different export formats and around two dozen import formats, just assumed they all work and so far they have. But haven't needed to push the limits. My conclusion has been that different distros have slightly different capabilities.
    Hope this sheds a bit o' light.
    Scott
    Last edited by Shaman; 08 February 2007 at 01:51 PM.
    IP

I can export tiffs using Debian Etch as well.

I seem to remember that most, if not all, of the export functionality is handled by ImageMagick so differences in how it is setup may effect what export options are available.
    Jed
    IP

The same with Ubuntu Edgy. No problem at all. XaraLX produces very good tiffs. I've been able to export tiffs for quite a long time (I do not remember the exact release). I agree that Imagemagick may be important.

EDIT: I forgot to write that I cannot IMPORT tiffs into XaraLX. However, it is not so important for me, because I can convert TIFF to PNG in Gimp, and import PNG into Xara.
    Last edited by dorotap; 08 February 2007 at 03:44 PM.
    IP