Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Spinning Rings..How to?

Mike, why isn't my first R turning around?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	34851  
    -=Bob=-

Drifter, did you run the animation? Click on the run animation button, usually next to the cursor button, it looks like a film strip with a green triangle next to it. You then need to pause it on frame 2. I notice that I didn't mention the pause bit in the tutorial, I'll have to edit it, my bad, as the young'uns say!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Drifter, did you run the animation? Click on the run animation button, usually next to the cursor button, it looks like a film strip with a green triangle next to it. You then need to pause it on frame 2. I notice that I didn't mention the pause bit in the tutorial, I'll have to edit it, my bad, as the young'uns say!

Mike
    Hi..I can get my R to turn around and I wait for it to turn 360 and pause it but it reverts back to the original direction. How are you pausing it on frame 2 so it will be backwards? Thanks..Keithmj

Got it..Someone didn't tell us about the Time Line (ALT+L) in the Windows Menu..I take it that this Monogram is not suppose to rotate?
    Last edited by Keithmj; 11 February 2007 at 05:11 PM.
    Juggle-On..Nood is not Lewd.

Glad you got it, Keithmj. I do have to assume some level of familiarity with Xara3D

If you want the whole thing to rotate, you cannot do that with the inbuilt rotation, as you have already used up the inbuilt functions for the reversal of the R.

So what you do is shift the viewpoint of the paused animation in regular steps, exporting each frame manually into Xara Xtreme as an animation frame, building up the animation there, and export the final animated gif from Xtreme. It sounds like a lot of work but it is actually quite straightforward to do.

One thing to watch is that as the viewpoint of an image is changed, the centre point of the frame might not stay constant (depending on the nature of the image), resulting in a visible wobble in Xtreme. The cure is to export the whole X3D window as a screendump for each frame, and crop it to size in XaraXtreme. This sounds even more like hard work, but actually is very little more effort than above, and several of my posted animations have used this method.

Mike
    Last edited by simsmj; 11 February 2007 at 07:15 PM.