Default Moi Beta, cool 3D modeler

Polyline goodies.

http://moi3d.com/

Default Re: Moi Beta, cool 3D modeler

New Beta release for Moi....

http://moi3d.com/download.htm

Have Fun

Man, this is a great addition to my softwarecloset It works like a charm and it only takes 14 Mb on the HD. It's like a mini Rhino but with a great advantage wich is the ability to export *.obj with N-Gons wich Rhino 3 cannot do. This app does what C4D is unable to do, to create a clean mesh in a fileted object. Once imported to C4D the mesh is clean as I like it without triangulation and no need to HuperNurbs mumbo jumbo. This is a superb tool. Thank you so much for this!!!

Emanuel

I use Maya mainly but also own Silo which is a really fine little modeler. At the upper end of the Scale though has to be Modo which I have access to in college and definitely the future of modeling apps... so much so that it won the best modeler at Siggraph 2006.

will definitely take a look at this too if I get a chance

Maybe not - another one of those Windo$e-only apps... Still waiting for the likes of 3dS Max and XSI to port or they might very well lose their chunk of the marletplace. Particularly with Vista now availabe if they have not got a Mac-Ready product Vista might very well kill them off as major players! Autodesk certainly got one thing absolutely spot on - and that was developing Maya to work on Intel Mac - I guess we have the Alias team to thank for that - and as for Post-Production. Well, there is ONLY Mac for that and today Apple have just announced Final Cut Studio 2. With After Effects and Premier CS3 also online there is only one way to go!
    Last edited by timpan_ali; 23 April 2007 at 06:39 PM.

Playing with MoI. Beautifull and simple interface, very good to prevent CTS.
    Antialiasing very pleasant. Not a single crash and I've been mean enough.
    N-Gons export is great. Curves design and point handles real smooth compared to Rhino. Nice and easy way to learn NURBS for starters.

Emanuel
    Last edited by emel; 25 April 2007 at 04:01 PM.

wow, that was quick good that this comes in handy for you Emanuel

I have to say that the edge loops that bisect the front and rear of the cab area, sort of throw off the rest of this terrific example... why are they like that ? Can this be imported into maybe Wings, and "slide" them over a tad so as not over the doors but behind them sort of thing?

Talking Re: Moi Beta, cool 3D modeler

Gidgit the rushing man!
    Give me a brake, this was a half an hour exercise and is not ment to be any finished thing. I was just trying the wonderfull N-Gons export option to open it in C4D and see how it looks. Next time I will draw a cube with a wheel!!!
    And going from NURBS to Wings would be like powering a Porsche with a 4flat bug engine. And I had severall.

This uggly face is for you!

Emanuel
    Last edited by emel; 25 April 2007 at 04:00 PM.

You have enough time to make an ugly face for me, and berate me, but not enough cool to consider to move over but a few edges... yea, ok

You were talking about how nice the exporting was to c4d, and ngon related fun, to which I auto associated modeling with nice support of such to be tried in wings3D... hardly a step back btw... to use such a toolset to perfect things before importing to c4d, carrara, and or other apps with poor support of such.

anyways, that was my line of thought, and purely from a modeling interest point of view... sorry it bummed ya out man
    Last edited by gidgit; 24 April 2007 at 06:37 PM.

Red face Re: Moi Beta, cool 3D modeler

I was just having fun. Sorry if I did not make myself clear.
    Wings is great and a very repectfull app but...NURBS are a diferent thing.
    Has you know I've model a lot with Wings and I think is perfect for a lot of things. In fact is C4D tipology that I do not like at all, so I rather do it with a NURBS modeler or Wings, becuse it produces a much cleaner and logical mesh.

So, you've missed a humourous moment that's all.
    And once again I'm sorry if I made you feel anything other than just having a good laugh with the uggly face (me not you).

Emanuel

Whoa, my bad...

Sorry Emanuel, I sort of wondered, as this seemed out of character, good to know it is just me missing yet another moment of humor...

Yea, C4D's ngon support is really not true like Wings, Silo etc...

and well, cool on the rest... have fun dude