Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stop & Post February 2007

I've been working on, what else, a new series of stereograms. This is one of my favorites, though at this size it does not look as detailed as it does at 10" x 8", print size.

No hidden image. Just a lot of depth.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm_chaos.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	34656  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 03 February 2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: The usual reasons. Of course!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I've recently been busy doing something a little different with Xara XtremePro...

I have a new gig making 'Styles' for subscription-based distribution via FormFonts. These 'styles' are a new feature of SketchUp version 6 where a user can apply a pre-defined appearance (the 'style') to their 3d SketchUp model. The style bundles together a particular group of settings + the ability to incorporate background & overlayed images. It also features a way to define how the lines are drawn including the potential of totally custom lines based on handdrawn ones. The FormFont subscriber can download my styles from the collection and apply them to their own models for instant effects.

The example image I attach shows a style I made for FormFonts called 'Instant Watercolour'. The kid and the tree are in the model but the sky, linework, vignette effect, and a alpha-transparent png overlay that makes the colours less flat, are all aspects I created using Xara Xtreme Pro.

Anyways, that's how I've been using Xara lately. It has been a blast.

Regards, Ross

Name:	029_FFRM_preview_650x650.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	34659  

There are always lots of great things happening in these monthly threads - and it's a treat to have a look at all the posts.

One thing "stood out" (pun intended) for me - Gary's depth image!

I can see it!

All this witchcraft about 3D and "depth" has always been a mystery to me over the years - I have never been able to see any of it. This one I can see the "depth of" without even trying.

Granted, I'm blind as a bat without my glasses, so I'm wondering if it's the lack of contrast in previous images that has been messing me (the blind guy) up?

Does anyone have one of those "crazy 3D pattern ones"... with a black background (extremely high-contrast) to post?

P.S. Don't waste your time making one that says, "YOU SUCK!" - you can simply PM me with that message... (And it will not be held against you).

Risto

This one is a bit different from what I normally make but I want to try out different styles and techniques.
    I was going for a complete black and white image like film noir... that obviously didn't happen. Maybe for the next one

Name:	Know1_Vector_Girl_2.png 
Views:	511 
Size:	328.4 KB 
ID:	34670  

Thumbs up Re: Stop & Post February 2007

Great work, Know1.

Sketch of a car. Just the beginning of what will obviously be a photo realistic racer thingy.

One thing with all this sketching etc I notice is that the ability to rotate the work space on screen, as you would a piece of paper you were drawing on, would be a very, very useful addition to the tool box for XtremeMagicXaraPro II. Is there any word on that yet by the way, the version I'm using is more than 24 hours old now?
    Derek

Name:	car draw.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	34715   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	34726  

Last edited by masque; 03 February 2007 at 09:07 PM.

Risto

I have noticed that some images are easier for people to see than others.

Most of my hidden image stereograms use repeating panels that are 15 - 20 percent the overall width of the image. Mary can see the 15% panel images all the time. She can hardly ever see the 20% panel images.

Some people see the hidden image in stereograms as going back while most see the hidden images as coming forward. I finally discovered what the difference is. If you view a hidden image stereogram by crossing your eyes, the image will appear to go back. If you view the image looking straight ahead and focussing in the distance behind the image (parallel viewing) the image will come forward.

The attached image contains floating objects (created in Xara 3D) and a hidden image which is really just a receeding plane. Can you see this one?

Gary

Name:	floaters.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	34735  

just passing some time.

Name:	magixara2.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	34736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magixara.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	34737  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magixara3.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	34738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nike bike 2(edited).JPG 
Views:	369 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	34787  

Last edited by ankhor; 05 February 2007 at 03:21 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Hi All
    I'm working on a rendition of an Lorakeet (type of parakeet from Australia) that I took pictures of at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa FL. Presently experimenting with different methods of creating feather details. Toyed with making a feather brush but didn't get a great effect out of that. So now I made an individual feather that I'm cloning and modifying and layering on the birds wing. The texture on the head is just a fractal fill but lacks the detail I'm looking for also. Anybody done any detailed feathers out there?
    Chuck Stasek

Also, all your images look great and you are all a terrific motivation.

Name:	Orakeet.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	34762  
    Last edited by EnigmaMachine; 04 February 2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo's

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaMachine View Post
    Anybody done any detailed feathers out there?
    See here, here and here.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.