Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Graphics tablet: an indispensable tool?

Voters
231. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I couldn't live without one

158 68.40%
  • No, I use the trusty mouse

73 31.60%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Graphics tablet: an indispensable tool?

Yep whatever works 4u.
    I draw with a 'real' pen [gillot] and scan, I draw with a tablet, I draw with a mouse, it all depends what I want to achieve.
    Its true you don't need to to draw from the shoulder with a tablet - I just do [when its appropriate] cos I've been drawing that way with pencil and wet ink for so long - again it depends what you want to achieve.
    Glad your wrist problems have sorted themselves out Risto
    Not the same thing I know, but drawing on a flat table surface is a pain in the back, yet still I do it day in and day out... sigh... it must be love....

Steve
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    wow next time I will pay attention this is not an opinion poll. Didn't know I was going to get chastise for what little I said
    I grew up in one of the most liberal countries in the world and we call it freedom of speech, we're actually allowed to disagree. Sorry to hear that you see it as chastise.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Re: Graphics tablet: an indispensable tool?

It's not really what I would call an indispensable tool. I've used a half-broken mouse, and my artworks still looks fine. Though, I had to use improvised techniques to cope with it.
    Thing is, I've used a tablet once (probably around 7 years ago...) and it wasn't something fancy, so I use a mouse instead. Truth be told, it might be the wrong gadget at the time, I might set out to buy one eventually. The reason is simple: I can produce a 'certain' style with a mouse, but if I would like to create something grandiose, the accuracy of a mouse wouldn't just cut it and chances are I'll have to blow up the screen 800% and still get no where.

Any good suggestion of a tablet? (Besides the 'direct-screen' one?)
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: Graphics tablet: an indispensable tool?

I've just noticed that there are another unregistered user...Post #33 and this are not from the same unregistered user. Just for the sake of distinguishing, call me Brainsurge.
    IP

I say use whatever ya likes... it ain't the device used which creates the art... and while sure there is some merit for each device mentioned within this thread, that doesn't say it's the only way...

apps are pretty much same same... I mean I can see the merits of each app, and thus have prefs for each type of task required, but that's not to say that the same model/scene couldn't be built with any of the more redundant like apps

The fact that something gets done or not, is way more important imho...

This said, sooner or later some things just become obvious ....

Nice Joker Risto
    Last edited by gidgit; 11 June 2007 at 09:34 PM.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Just thought I'd let anyone who's looking for Nisis drivers know:

You can get drivers for the old Nisis Graphics tablets from Aiptek - I've just installed their latest driver for the 12 x 9 inch tablet and it's working perfectly with my Nisis A4 tablet. Aiptek seem to have taken over the Nisis tablet range - although Trust seem to have similar models as well - they are all generic tablets I think - with the same drivers!

Cheers, Duncan
    www.insightillustration.co.uk
    IP

Having not got enough spare cash to justify buying a tablet, I use the trusty mouse. However if money wasn't a factor I'd get a tablet in a heartbeat

On a slightly related topic, I have a KURTA ISONE digitiser (that was originally used with AutoCad R10) is there any way that it can be used with todays computers (OK yesterdays computers ........)
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP