Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mould, transparency, feathering - ODD BEHAVIOR

There is something going awry here in mouldtown.
    I drew the US flag, feathered it a little, made it a little transparent, then applied the mould tool to make it wavy. Worked great. But every time I close the file and re-open it, the picture is extremely different. I can get it back to normal again by removing the mould and then re-applying it.
    Anyone know why this is happening?

The flag test mould xar file I present here is the goofy-looking flag, but if you remove the mould, the flag comes back and then can be re-moulded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	34506  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -=Bob=-

Default Re: Mould, transparency, feathering - ODD BEHAVIOR

No responses to this? No solutions? No-one agreeing that it happens with that file? No-one disagreeing?
    -=Bob=-

Hi Bob,

Yes I can confim it happens. I think it's if you apply feathering to the mould that causes the problem. If you apply feathing to each individual shape and then mould it seems to save and open correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for looking into this, Egg. Actually, I had applied the feathering BEFORE applying the mould. I grouped all of the parts - stripes, blue rectangle, and stars, and applied feathering to that group, then applied the mould.
    Are you saying I should apply the feathering withOUT grouping the individual parts first? (by selecting them all with the shape editor tool)
    -=Bob=-

Hi Bob,

The feathering you applied to the group causes the stars to be totally feathered away because they are not 10 pix (the amount of feathering).

Sorry I didn't reply to this last night but I'm a bit under the weather lately.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bob,

Are you saying I should apply the feathering withOUT grouping the individual parts first? (by selecting them all with the shape editor tool)
    I suppose I am. Doing it this way seems to keep the files integrety, were applying it as a group seems to mess up the file on opening.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host