Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Draw X3 print margins ??

Hi !
    Can anybody tell me how can i set corel draw print margins ?? I have a Canon Pixma Mp110 printer and i don't know how to print without margins icon_sad.gif thank you for all your help !!
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw X3 print margins ??

The easiest way to determine how much your printer uses for margin and gripper is to print a full page in a 20% gray. That way you see where the gripper and margin are and you are not using up a lot of ink.

Then knowing where they are, you can size your graphic appropriately.

Many desktop printers have a .25" margin on all four sides, but certain HP printers have a 5/8" gripper on top and a .125" margin on the other two sides.

Once you have determined the size you can double click the rectangle tool, this should outline your page, from that in the Property Bar, you can add the margin amount together and subtract this amount from the height and width of this rectangle with the height and width unlocked. If there is a greater distance on any one side, you need to offset from that side or sides because this subtraction method centers the result on the page. Then you can use your snap settings to draw your margins with your guidelines. If you need to you can save this as a template, then you will always start with a document with the correct margins. If you have the Transform Docker, it always reads out your x and y offsets from zero on your ruler. To use guides, your ruler must be turned on. To reset where zero is on your page, you can drag your ruler to the upper left hand or lower left hand corner of the page, this will snap right in. Or anywhere else you want zero to be on your x and y coordinates. From this you can offset from the edge of the page by adding or subtracting from the figure that is displayed here. You can add or subtract in inches or millimeters, but you should set up in Options your preferences. If it is set to millimeters, and you subtract, it will subtract in millimeters unless you change this preference first.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw X3 print margins ??

To save even more ink, simply draw a vertical and a horizontal line edge to edge ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP