Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Newbie Xara Extreme User

Hi All
    I'm a newbie at using Xara Extreme but I'm hooked already. I have a lot of experience with CAD over the years (aerospace industry) and have had some success with the application. I want to share a couple of my first drawings and get some feedback.

I do have a new website that I'm just building and it is www.chuckstasek.com

Here are two of my best first works... (so far)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Focus3.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	34397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WaltherPP3.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	34398  

Default Re: Newbie Xara Extreme User

Welcome Enigma,

Much better than a poke in the eye with a snooker cue. Very good renderings, although I'd loose the mustard rectangle behind the Focus.

By the way, those aren't motorbikes on your site, there more like mobile homes.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 January 2007 at 03:56 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yeah, I agree about the focus background. Just wanted to convey what it takes to get good at billiards. Tons of focus! Lot's of room for improvement in my renderings.

Having great fun with this program though. They are offering a hands on class at a local computer club but the instructor say's I would be bored to death. I'm teaching a class there in Excel starting tomorrow.

Bikes are popular here in FL, more so then when I lived here in the 70's. Do you ride?

How about this practice session. Did most of this manually but bitmap traced the signs. It was a sign I took a picture of at Lowry Park Zoo here in Tampa.

Name:	Tamani2.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	34400  

Chuck, these are excellent images. I really liked your web-site, too. The photography makes me feel right at home...

Living in South Florida gives us opportunities to take a lot of nature and wildlife photos, wonderful landscapes and sunsets...everything except mountains and snowscapes...LOL
    ---
    Will

Thanks Will. Appreciate the feedback. I just move back here after 27 years in Colorado. Lived here from 72-79. Since I'm in a "work hiatus" I'm investigating new horizons including Xara and the Photoshop suite. Joined a local computer club (Hernando) and have heard about these apps from the instructors there. Instructed an Excel class this morning to rave reviews. Life is good.
    Best
    Chuck

These are very excellent images. Great job

Chuck,

I wish I had half of your talent.

Nice web site, too, although the "HOME" link in the left frame appears to be broken.
    Charlie

Thanks All. Definitely having fun with it. Here is another. This one is a photograph (Olympus E500) of a glass of wine at sunset on the Gulf of Mexico. I edited out the fence post it was sitting on in Photoshop, imported it into Xara, cloned the glass and added the bubbles. Then I drank the wine. Life is good . Still evolving it.

Name:	WineGlass3.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	34432  

Default Re: Help with brass wheels....

Latest lunacy. Need help making 3 dimensional looking brass knobs with knurled edges. Any ideas out there? The knobs on the microscope don't look anything like the original image. Not bad but not the same.

Name:	microscope.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	34462  

Quick learner :-}

Did you try googling "microscope" in google?

This scope should be available to you when you get your disks or when XPro enables the appropriate link in the ClipArt gallery.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 25 January 2007 at 03:21 AM.