Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Another car

Default Another car

Hi,
    I am a new member of this forum and the attached file is my small contribution to this place which I visit daily since I came across Xara this autumn. I’ve spent more time here than in the program itself, so far, but I like to see others work and read on different topics. Back in -98 - 2000 I was working a couple o years with some technical illustrations and as a side project I tried to draw a car for fun but failed in AI which at that time didn’t support transparency. This autumn I thought it would be nice to make another try but an upgrade to CS was not an option and when I looked for an alternative I came across Xara, luckily enough, and here is the result. No masterpiece, but from my point of view an acceptable start on a very nice hobby.

Sven-Ingvar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car125a.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	34381  

Default Re: Another car

Welcome Sven. I like the way you have drawn the vents on the front. Hope to see more from you, and thank you for sharing this with us.

...Norman

Discovering Xara leads to the discovery of hitherto undiscovered skills as many of us have er ... discovered.

Be pleased to see more of your stuff as you progress ..
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Welcome to the Forums Sven. A very good car it is too.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sven,
    Excellent for a first rendering!!! You'll be surprised at how quickly you'll pick things up as you continue to produce new projects. Great to have you here contributing.
    ron

Sven, great job! I like the color too. Now for the big question: Did you use named colors so you can change the color of the car whenever you want? (It's fun.)
    -=Bob=-

Wonderful first effort. Hate to dig out mine. But it took me a long time to work up the courage.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Welcome to Talk Graphics Sven.

A very nice looking Saleen S7, it will be good to see what you draw next.
    Whizz Kid "Or so he says"