Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Tech support

Hybrid View

Default Tech support

Last year I purchased the Xara Suite but never used it - did open all three programs and looked at them.

I now want to design another web site but have some problems -

1- Webstyle comes up with an error message: Problem with templ0p.dll
    2- Xara 3D6 comes up with: Failed, no image, undo changes.

I have un-stalled and re-installed both programs and same results.

The ONLY way I have found to get tech support is to send a "ticket", which I did. SEVERAL days later received a reply ref. Webstyle and followed their instructions and still doesn't work.

No reply on 3D as yet - maybe after a week???

I looked at the new Extreme Pro and am thinking about buying it but I keep asking myself, "Why do I want to spend more money with a company for which 2/3 of their programs I can't use and has virtually NO tech support?"

When one is working with a project and has a problem, having to wait maybe several weeks to get the problem resolved is just not acceptable - too bad, when they work the program is great. - jeb

Default Re: Tech support

Welcome Jeb,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Could you tell us what you got with:

a) Xara Suite (program wise).
    b) Your OS / PC details.

Members of the forums are usually quite quick suggesting answers.

UPDATE: I did a web search for "templ0p.dll" and it came up blank, but there is a "temp0.dll" which is a virus type thingy. Are you sure you have the correct dll error?
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 July 2007 at 07:43 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Post Re: Tech support

Hello Egg - tks for the reply -

The error I received was as I stated. When I try to open WEBSTYLE I receive an error message - "There is a problem with templ0p.dll. Please re-install the correct version." The message I received back from Xara had 7 steps to go through, most of them going to run and typing in the different .dll's, the one above being one of them. I did so and each came back as "successful", including the templ0p.dll.

When I try to open Xara3D6, I get the message, "Xara 3D6 has failed and no image can currently be displayed. Try undoining any recent changes you have made."

I followed all steps Xara sent me to try and nothing worked. I then un-installed and re-installed both programs and have the same errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. - jeb

Ref. the programs I received - they were WEBSTYLE, XARA EXTREME AND XARA 3D, VER. 6 - JB

What OS and box are you running? If Vista: make sure to install the programs under the Admin account.

Risto

Ah - sorry, I forgot that -

Running XP Pro with a 2.8 CPU and lots of memory - I usually have 4 streaming stock programs open at the same time and have no problems. - jb

Unhappy Re: Tech support

Well, 7 weeks and STILL NO REPLY FROM XARA - I guess they really don't have any tech support, huh?

jb

I would resubmit another work ticket on it. I am pretty sure they are hip deep in development. I would also see if the moderators could move this post to the xara forum. charles and crew are known to visit that forum... This is not where you typically find problems...

if the moderators can't move this post... try adding a new post in the xara forum and linking to this post...

These are just my ideas... I have used X3D, but I am no master. Mike sims is the master of that program. PM him and see if he can help you out.

This particuliar forum was set up for us looneys to vent and chat... without filling up the helpful forum with useless bull.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook