Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech support

Default Tech support

Last year I purchased the Xara Suite but never used it - did open all three programs and looked at them.

I now want to design another web site but have some problems -

1- Webstyle comes up with an error message: Problem with templ0p.dll
    2- Xara 3D6 comes up with: Failed, no image, undo changes.

I have un-stalled and re-installed both programs and same results.

The ONLY way I have found to get tech support is to send a "ticket", which I did. SEVERAL days later received a reply ref. Webstyle and followed their instructions and still doesn't work.

No reply on 3D as yet - maybe after a week???

I looked at the new Extreme Pro and am thinking about buying it but I keep asking myself, "Why do I want to spend more money with a company for which 2/3 of their programs I can't use and has virtually NO tech support?"

When one is working with a project and has a problem, having to wait maybe several weeks to get the problem resolved is just not acceptable - too bad, when they work the program is great. - jeb

Default Re: Tech support

Welcome Jeb,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Could you tell us what you got with:

a) Xara Suite (program wise).
    b) Your OS / PC details.

Members of the forums are usually quite quick suggesting answers.

UPDATE: I did a web search for "templ0p.dll" and it came up blank, but there is a "temp0.dll" which is a virus type thingy. Are you sure you have the correct dll error?
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 July 2007 at 07:43 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Post Re: Tech support

Hello Egg - tks for the reply -

The error I received was as I stated. When I try to open WEBSTYLE I receive an error message - "There is a problem with templ0p.dll. Please re-install the correct version." The message I received back from Xara had 7 steps to go through, most of them going to run and typing in the different .dll's, the one above being one of them. I did so and each came back as "successful", including the templ0p.dll.

When I try to open Xara3D6, I get the message, "Xara 3D6 has failed and no image can currently be displayed. Try undoining any recent changes you have made."

I followed all steps Xara sent me to try and nothing worked. I then un-installed and re-installed both programs and have the same errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. - jeb

Ref. the programs I received - they were WEBSTYLE, XARA EXTREME AND XARA 3D, VER. 6 - JB

What OS and box are you running? If Vista: make sure to install the programs under the Admin account.

Risto

Ah - sorry, I forgot that -

Running XP Pro with a 2.8 CPU and lots of memory - I usually have 4 streaming stock programs open at the same time and have no problems. - jb

Hi Jeb,

If removing and reinstalling didn't work. I would try a removal, then reboot (to clear misc. garbage from the registry) then try reloading... I have removed and reinstalled many of xara's programs with no problems what so ever so I can not duplicate your problem.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Tks John - As it has been some 2 weeks now and nothing from Xara I'll try anything.

Has Xara always had such poor support? Really seems strange for such good programs and all the sales emails I get from them. Seems they could take a little of the time they spend on sales and put it to support.

Again, tks - Jim Brown

Unhappy Re: Tech support

John -

Did as you suggested - removed, shutdown, rebooted and installed.

Worked on WebStyle but still get the error message, : "Xara3D has failed and no image can currently be displayed. Try undoing any recent changes you have made."

First, I haven't made any changes and second, the program shows a blank page and I can't get any file, picture, etc. to load.

Oh - and STILL nothing from Xara as far as support is concerned. Have received several sales email, however.

Tks - Jim Brown

I have had that problem, usually it goes away when I shut off the shadow
    option, or sometimes another setting, it is weird when it happens, but it goes away usually by me if I switch of shadow.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 12 September 2007 at 02:17 AM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.