Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: can't draw on layers

Quote Originally Posted by teppoudama View Post
    a friend of mine has the same problem once.
    the solution is simple, buy an original copy of the software.
    trust me, I know this stuff...
    That is one heckuvan accusation to make and a disgraceful comment particularly if you have no proof that the software is not genuine. Problems have even been known to occur on trial versions to you know.

I have a legitimate copy of Corel Painter X and even with it this problem too exists - ever occur to you there might be a bug in the software? I have the Mac Version and I asked a colleague of mine to check this out on her (legitimate) IX.V for Windows....

The problem does exist and it is a bug (shame corel have not got round to fixing it yet!). What if boild down to is that even though not visibly ticked at times the palette transparency option is activated. Just tick it, tick it off again and it should work fine, Worked okay for both of us on different versions and on different OS.
    IP

Just a big thank you to everyone who posted. Turning the transparency on and back off did indeed solve the problem...

Especial thanks since I was on deadline, using the copy of Painter I've had forever & this just suddenly cropped up... Many many thanks to the forum & another diagnostic if you're running into this... I could paint on the canvas or filled layers, just not on transparent ones (which should have been a hint to the solution, but I was so sure lock transparency was off).
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by teppoudama View Post
    a friend of mine has the same problem once.
    the solution is simple, buy an original copy of the software.
    trust me, I know this stuff...
    Trust me, you don't know this stuff.

It's a bug.

Be careful what you say, as none of us knows as much as we'd like to think we do, including you, Mr.

Jinny
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP