Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: splitting a circle in segments and fill the parts?

*direct with my forefingers on my swollen chest with pride, while turning around*
    "Who's the Man? Who's the Man?"

Yes, it finally happened! With all of the help here in the forum, my logo is ready.
    Especially I want to say a big big THANK YOU to Anders 205!

I've learned much about Xara AND myself while trying to solve the problem.
    And I feel, that a little bit of the unbroken american spirit, the dishwasher-millionaire-thing, that power to accept no limits, a little bit of this is gone over to my person.

Look at this, the Logo for our first local Wolfes&Dogs-Days:
    http://www.osnoxe.de/endfassung-bgw.jpg
    Thank you all!

Holger

Who wears the pants?
    Who holds the key?
    Who gets it done when no-one else can?
    that in the final act, God willing,
    its Holger who gets top billing.

LOL

Cheers, Anders

Talking Re: splitting a circle in segments and fill the parts?

Yo!

Bleh .. just spent a few minutes putting this together, now seems I am too late.

Posting it anyways - it may be useful for someone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zthird.gif 
Views:	718 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	34561  
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Knock, knock... Hey, Raymond, are you still in there? We're all finished up in here an' it's late. Time to hit the sack, pal. See you in another thread!

Good night and sleep tight, Anders

Nice to see several different solutions to give the same result. Thanks guys.

As you are bringing it up, Doc, I'd say that your point is definitely right, generally speaking. The urge for different solutions to a given problem make the creative juices flow and add the ability to deal resourcefully with problems. As long as the solutions are focusing on the real problem at hand. If not targeting the specified and defined problem, a set of creative solutions are probably landing out-of-bounds unintentionally. They may open new areas of the problem but they move all the same towards an unintended goal.

Holger, when initiating this thread, is giving an illustrated presentation of his case and specifying his problem in text. The subject line only is not, actually, targeting in on the real problem. Resolving the problem requires to read the text and in the best possible way interpret the illustration in order to reach a problem definition--"Splitting a (filled) circle in rotational-three-split, equal, segments and fill the parts with different colors".

Bob and Raymond, both with renowned, outstanding technical and creative capacity, are in my opinion, and respectfully expressed, not targeting the real problem in their contributions in the case. The have diverted from the problem definition, the real problem that is. But, as you are calling the attention to it, Doc, they have actively contributed to the dynamics in this glorius Xara forum. On the other side, it is perhaps worth mentioning what we all are aware of, the good intentions are not always enough in problem solving.

Cheers, Anders

Splitting a filled circle in optional number of equal segments.

Use the Starred Shape with QuickShape Tool in Xtreme Pro to split a filled circle in 3, 4, 5, 6, or more equivalent segments. The example below demonstrates a three-segment split.

http://web.telia.com/~u24708742/XaraSegmentSplit.jpg
    Have fun!

Cheers, Anders

Way cool, Anders! Thanks.

It's my pleasure, Allison!

Keep smiling.

Anders