Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Video capture

I know this is not the place for this topic but seeing the extent of the knowledge here I was wondering if anyone uses a video capture program at all, and if so, what would they recommend. If you don't wish to discuss this here please send me an e-mail.fossman@telusplanet.net

Thanks in advance.

Arnold
    IP

I know this is not the place for this topic but seeing the extent of the knowledge here I was wondering if anyone uses a video capture program at all, and if so, what would they recommend. If you don't wish to discuss this here please send me an e-mail.fossman@telusplanet.net

Thanks in advance.

Arnold
    IP

I use Dazzle DVC, its an external unit that connects via USB or a serial port configured for ECP. if I remember correctly it cost around $180 bucks US., If your on a tight budget its a pretty good deal. Not as fast as Firewire and some of the other high end boards but it works good enough for me. Just a note: digital audio/video recording uses lots and lots of hard drive space.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on September 23, 2000 at 09:28 AM.]
    IP

For only about $600 (not much in the video world) you can get a firewire card WITH ADOBE PREMIERE INCLUDED. Then get After Effects, and presto, you are a film mogul.
    Storage IS an issue. Couple of 40gig fast drives are a good idea. BUT, that won't give you nearly enough space, SO download your partially completed fragments BACK TO THE CAMERA. Tapes are only about $10, and hold scads.
    ps..get two computers, because you will need one as a *rendering pig*(farm animal).
    Regards........Tad...... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    (cool image, Mike
    IP

Matrox MM II video card and the Rainbow Runner daughter card is the system I have used for several years. It came with Ulead's MediaStudio SE and for $150 I upgraded to MediaStudio Pro.

Works well and seems to "do it all" but has a learning curve as does most comprehensive software.

Bob C.
    IP