Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Apologies - another car *¿*

Great work Raymond. One of the best cars I have seen in here. Very nice reflections and chrome.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_no1 View Post
    Very nice INTbel !!!!I see i lady in the door is that your good lady by any chance? I might have to try one of these cars or even my truck!thanks simon

My good lady? I, sir, am a gentleman and would not compromise a lady's reputation by publicly proclaiming such an involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    You've definitely got the hang of these, now Intbel, you are up there with the best of them. One of these days I'm going to have to attempt something along these lines and see how far I can get. It is a different skill set from anything I usually do.
    I look forward to seeing more. Mike
    Thanks Mike ... took a lot of hard work getting this far.
    Each to their own - attempting what you do with X3D makes my brain hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    The Engine, the Chrome , in fact the whole lot to use an old phrase SUPER DUPER, Raymond.
    Norman, thank you. The engine could be better but the image was not clear enough. Much of it is what I imagine it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    Congratulations, young man! I do believe you have accomplished your goal with this part of your quest, although I think there is a slight problem with the reflection of the running boards (??? is that what they called them back then? I'm a little too young to know for certain. ???) being overlaid by the reflection of the seated lady. Without a very special type of paint, you will not have primary reflections in two different angles at the same time. The effect is outstanding, though, and I would be very proud of it if it was my work.
    I used a very special type of paint, then, didn't I? >cough<
    Thanks for that - I'll take a walk around and look at a few cars when the sun is shining again. I know I need to hone my observational skills in the realms of lighting and reflections.

Quote Originally Posted by suunto View Post
    cool pic head lights are great.................the rest too, but the headlights especially
    Thanks, rather like 'em myself. Tried cloning the first one to save time and effort but was unable to get it to look right so had to draw each of them individually. It was worth the extra effort.

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    Great work Raymond. One of the best cars I have seen in here. Very nice reflections and chrome.
    I'm happy with it. Just think, six months ago I'd have said "Wish I could do that." So, I'm happy with progress so far. Portraits are being a different matter. Grrr ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Terrific car, Raymond.
    ron

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    Terrific car, Raymond.
    ron
    Unlikely everyone is wrong, so thanks, yes, I agree >grin<
    Working on another bike now, then back to portraits & figures.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    Terrific car, Raymond.
    ron
    Raymond,
    If you can earn a compliment from the master of all cars made in Xara, then you KNOW you've done well.

Great job!

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Quote Originally Posted by joroho View Post
    Raymond,
    If you can earn a compliment from the master of all cars made in Xara, then you KNOW you've done well.
    Great job!
    .joroho.
    I guess so .. and such responses are appreciated.

Y'know, one starts, learns a bit, builds on that, learns a bit more .... small incremental improvements and 'tis not until one makes a direct comparison of today's work with some stuff a few months ago that one becomes aware of what has been gained.

Every drawing is different and in the execution of every drawing something new is learned. Thus every drawing should be an improvement on the last.

If every drawing we do is a little more difficult than the previous one we did then eventually we'll all become masters.

That's my theory, anyways.

Proving the theory is not being easy >sigh<

There's only one person I can think of who had expressed a personal dislike for car renders . So I guess you can post all the car drawings you do without fear of offending the majority, Raymond.
    If every drawing we do is a little more difficult than the previous one we did then eventually we'll all become masters.
    But that's a neverending quest. So I guess we'll never really going to become masters at all....
    That's good, though. It won't end up with asking ourselves: "OK, I'm a master, now what do I do ?..."

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman View Post
    That's good, though. It won't end up with asking ourselves: "OK, I'm a master, now what do I do ?..."
    Anyone who becomes a master at one thing can then go working on becoming a master at something else.

One lifetime just ain't enough ...

Okay, enough is enough, no more cars, next time I expect a horse and carrage
    or a zeppelin or a bicycle. Atleast, SOMEthing else than a car.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Okay, enough is enough, no more cars, next time I expect a horse and carrage
    or a zeppelin or a bicycle. Atleast, SOMEthing else than a car.
    Okies, working on another m'cyle.
    In tandem one might say.