Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re: Burning Eden - logo

On your Logo's How do your Take out the Background and make it so its Transparent and Can Put it on a Photograph ...Like this one for Example?...Before I got my Xara Programs (which I Love) I used an Eraser to take out the Background....But I have been Going Crazy trying to do it?....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Melissa logo.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	34070  
    Just Makin' my Way....The Only way I Know How!

Default Re: Burning Eden - logo

Can anyone help me?
    Just Makin' my Way....The Only way I Know How!

Default Re: How do your take out the background?

Redraw it and save as .gif or .png remember to set transparent if not already ticked.

Default Re: How do your take out the background?

Try looking here Making a white background transparent and here Dropping out the background

Xara is a vector drawing application which describes a shape by its outline. You are used to bitmap editing programs that describe a shape using colored squares (pixels) on a grid. The two kinds of programs are very different even though the results may look the same.

The cleanest way to remove the background in Xara is to use the vector drawing tools to create a mask of the area you want to keep. The shape needs to be a closed (filled shape) and covers only the image and not the background.

Select the mask shape and the bitmap, and from the Arrange menu, select Combine Shapes and then from the flyout menu, Intersect Shapes. This masks the image and removes the background.

If you need more detailed instructions, go here Changing the background using a mask .

Gary