Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check out Abra and the Carp at my personal page.

Check out Abra and the Carp at my personal page.

Great conceptual images.

Keep us updated as the story unfolds.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Thoroughly enchanting stuff - hope you don't mind but I've forwarded the URL to a few friends. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#FF0000">robings
    </font>

robings, I am honored, forward it to whomever you'd like.

Gary, cool.

You are an exceptional designer/artist. I wonder if you are making any $ for all this work?? It is obvious that you enjoy your work, you should get paid for it as well.

I am so amazed by the quality!!

Does this have Buhdist overtones or something on a religious theme??

Keep up the exceptional work.

RAMWolf44
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Frankly speaking Monk, I think you are having way to much fun with that stuff. Quit now before it becomes obsessive/compulsive... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])

Fun images, keep up the work... I really like that funky walking grapic. I walk like that too..?

Ww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I cannot begin to express how cheerful each of your kind remarks have made me!

1) Yes there are Buddhist overtones in Abra. I was struggling with the main character for a while, when I started to explore Buddhism the story began to unfold. But it's not based on any Buddhist myth or teaching. What the exact correlation is I don't know. The story just seems best suited to a zen state of mind.

2) Do I make money? No [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Not that I don’t want to, I simply have no idea where to get started. Until recently I had a steady job, which limited my ability to explore other forms of employment. Luckily, knowing how the world is, I anticipated the layoff far enough in advance to save enough money to take time off to dedicate to my creativity.

The closet project I have to commercial art is a flash page I’m building for a strange DJ, calling himself Jesus. I’m doing it at cost, hoping to ride his coat-tails, if he ever grows any. I must warn you, if you bother to read what he calls “verses” be prepared for the worst drivel you can imagine, his music is actually quite good and will go up if he ever gets it to me. (How many time must I say burn it to CD??!) Oh, one last warning, due to technical dificulties, the page will take 30 seconds to load no matter what your connection speed is (14.4 upto T3) I'm not worrying since it's still in development not to mention free. Anyway, if the guy want’s to run around calling himself Jesus and writing horrid poetry, who am I to intervene?

For the most part I'm self-trained in traditional and electronic art. However, out of disgust and discontent I have dropped out of several art colleges. They all seemed like a slaughterhouse to me. It didn't help that I was bored. Of course I was younger and idealistic and arrogant! Enough of that, I tend to get carried away.

3: Too late, it has already become an obsession. I use every spare moment I can squeeze out of the day. It’s destroyed my social life, but I think it’s all for the best.

Now that I have the time, my immediate goal is to develop a portfolio and try to get into a quality university or find employment. Of course I doubt my ability, but one must take the dive sooner or later, eh?

That, in short is Franklyn Monk, romantic starving artist. Or something.

[This message was edited by franklynmonk on August 29, 2000 at 02:03 PM.]

Ok you guys, whats's the deal. I went to the monk's site and clicked on "The Walk," and waited and waited and waited.
    I waited five full minutes and just got a black pop up window. Yes I had the plug-in. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

buddycom

[This message was edited by buddycom on August 31, 2000 at 05:37 AM.]
    buddycom

Sorry, it seems to be a problem with the Crosswinds server.

I've just uploaded a copy of the Abra directory to my earthlink site. This should work.

http://home.earthlink.net/~franklynm..._and_the_Carp/

the only thing here are the flash files, if you want to see the stills go back to the crosswinds site.

Take Care