Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Check out Abra and the Carp at my personal page.

I don't know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    I know you said you have the plug in, but do you know if it's up to date? You can test your current plug in at the Macromedia Web Player Test Center

If you don't have the latest it will be automatically installed.

If that doesn't work, please tell me what platform and browser your on and I'll see what I can do. Actually I plan on begging the rest of the forum members for help! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

PS, I have no gray people, blue and orange. I wonder if other issues may be at play?

Frankly speaking Monk, I think you are having way to much fun with that stuff. Quit now before it becomes obsessive/compulsive... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])

Fun images, keep up the work... I really like that funky walking grapic. I walk like that too..?

Ww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Way cool, guy!
    IE did the trick.

buddycom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guru02.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	5532  
    buddycom

robings, I am honored, forward it to whomever you'd like.

Gary, cool.

I cannot begin to express how cheerful each of your kind remarks have made me!

1) Yes there are Buddhist overtones in Abra. I was struggling with the main character for a while, when I started to explore Buddhism the story began to unfold. But it's not based on any Buddhist myth or teaching. What the exact correlation is I don't know. The story just seems best suited to a zen state of mind.

2) Do I make money? No [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Not that I don’t want to, I simply have no idea where to get started. Until recently I had a steady job, which limited my ability to explore other forms of employment. Luckily, knowing how the world is, I anticipated the layoff far enough in advance to save enough money to take time off to dedicate to my creativity.

The closet project I have to commercial art is a flash page I’m building for a strange DJ, calling himself Jesus. I’m doing it at cost, hoping to ride his coat-tails, if he ever grows any. I must warn you, if you bother to read what he calls “verses” be prepared for the worst drivel you can imagine, his music is actually quite good and will go up if he ever gets it to me. (How many time must I say burn it to CD??!) Oh, one last warning, due to technical dificulties, the page will take 30 seconds to load no matter what your connection speed is (14.4 upto T3) I'm not worrying since it's still in development not to mention free. Anyway, if the guy want’s to run around calling himself Jesus and writing horrid poetry, who am I to intervene?

For the most part I'm self-trained in traditional and electronic art. However, out of disgust and discontent I have dropped out of several art colleges. They all seemed like a slaughterhouse to me. It didn't help that I was bored. Of course I was younger and idealistic and arrogant! Enough of that, I tend to get carried away.

3: Too late, it has already become an obsession. I use every spare moment I can squeeze out of the day. It’s destroyed my social life, but I think it’s all for the best.

Now that I have the time, my immediate goal is to develop a portfolio and try to get into a quality university or find employment. Of course I doubt my ability, but one must take the dive sooner or later, eh?

That, in short is Franklyn Monk, romantic starving artist. Or something.

[This message was edited by franklynmonk on August 29, 2000 at 02:03 PM.]

Great conceptual images.

Keep us updated as the story unfolds.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Check out Abra and the Carp at my personal page.

Ok you guys, whats's the deal. I went to the monk's site and clicked on "The Walk," and waited and waited and waited.
    I waited five full minutes and just got a black pop up window. Yes I had the plug-in. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

buddycom

[This message was edited by buddycom on August 31, 2000 at 05:37 AM.]
    buddycom

Actually, I did see a 3D grey dude. If I remember correctly and some dudes in other colors on the start page but I wanted to see the completed flash files. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

buddycom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baca.gif 
Views:	421 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	8406  
    buddycom