Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: question

Default question

pardon a new guy question -

is this the correct forum to seek help with the JASC Media Center Plus 3.10 portion of PSP or is there a better location / forum ?
    IP

Default Re: question

You can post it here, the moderator may move it if they deem necessary.

I confess I don't know a thing about the JASC media center.

What version was it released with?
    IP

psp7 and psp8 and not sure about later editions ?

question is =

after making full screen slideshow you upload file as "name.alb" -

we need java script to open file at target location only to play slideshow and on exit, close window - then customers don't get into the file side - so, is this easy to do or is there another slideshow viewer that would be easier to manipulate remotely ?

here is what we are doing now with MS powertoy slide viewer - but we really want the impact of full screen viewing if we can get it

http://www.la-tigra.com/f116/f116.htm
    IP

Well, I'm not sure what to advice you on the PS Pro slide viewer as I have never seen it.

There are for sure tons of slide show creators and viewers available, including Microsoft Power Point. Power Point has a free Viewer that users can download as well, so it can be as big as their entire screen.

Some people dislike Powerpoint because they say the file sizes are huge and it is not as easy to the user that want to view imagines online instead of offline.

Microsoft has a slide solution using webpages as slide shows at:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...e_show_tut.asp

There is another called S5 located at:
    http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/
    The author describes S5 as "S5 is a slide show format based entirely on XHTML, CSS, and JavaScript. With one file, you can run a complete slide show and have a printer-friendly version as well. The markup used for the slides is very simple, highly semantic, and completely accessible. Anyone with even a smidgen of familiarity with HTML or XHTML can look at the markup and figure out how to adapt it to their particular needs. Anyone familiar with CSS can create their own slide show theme. It's totally simple, and it's totally standards-driven."

There are numerous Flash Slide Show Presenters that can be found on google. These basically take images from your hard drive, convert them to flash and make a slide show. Some offer the ability of timing the slide show as well as adding sound/music.

Sorry I couldn't be of more specific help to your particular software.
    IP

thanks for the attempted assistance JMC - but think we need to hear from someone with hands on experience - gracias
    IP