Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default toolbar still floating

Hello,
    First, as it's my first post here, just say, I'm new french user of Xaralx on Linux, my LUG is nautile

When I discovered Xaralx, I have experimented the ergonomic of toolbar, and drag it as a floating toolbar. But now I can not replace it in the window. It stay floating in the left part of my screen, whenever I hide it exit the software, try to control it by the KDE window manager.
    Have you ever experiment this problem ?

thank you for your answers
    IP

Default Re: toolbar still floating

The lack of toolbar docking seems to be a known bug.

Deleting your preferences file ($HOME/.xaralx/preferences) should reset all of the preferences, including the toolbar settings, back to their default values. Alternatively, you could try editing the toolbar entries in this text file to get what you want. I can't provide any further guidance on this but just looking at the file it doesn't look like it would be to difficult to figure out.
    Jed
    IP

Hello
    Thank you. It runs correctly now.
    I've looked the preference script, but don't find how to modify it.
    Bye
    IP

i've just had to correct my own toolbar. the line you need to remove from your preferences file is the one starting IDD_BUTTBAR_TOOLBAR. just exit xara, delete this line, save and start xara again. the toolbar's docked.
    IP