Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Draw 11 - Outlines not printing right

ok, for some odd reason, when i print any text with outlines, it comes out
    all "notched". what could be causing this. the picture in a photo chop replica of what is printing out. no scanner available to scan the printed text.

http://www.jeepxj.com/prob.jpg

anyone got any ideas on what would cause this to print out like that.
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw 11 - Outlines not printing right

It is always best to select the round endcaps and the round mitres in line properties and this will solve some of this. You could also convert to the outline and the text to curves and then try printing. That should resolve it. If you want to retain editablity, I'd save an editable backup page where the text remains text and not curves, so I'd have both printable copy.

Sometimes you can get a font that is just funky, and it acts up.

If you are getting this on all fonts, then it is that DRAW itself is acting up. Hold down F8 on boot up then you will reset DRAW to defaults. If you have installed lots of scripts, they are still installed but your shortcuts and any customization you have done to tool bars will evaporate, so before rebooting with holding down F8, go into Options and under Workspace, save your workspace in your documents or where you will remember, then once the F8 reboot is complete, you can go back into Options and load your preferred Workspace and DRAW will work like brand new but with your preferences intact.

I highly suggest that you install and use Bitstream Font Manager. If you do not know how to use it or to set it up, this information can be found at unleash.com, just do a search for Bitstream Font Manager. What Font Manager does is it doesn't load your fonts until you need them so you have more system resources. A font folder being stuffed with loads of fonts can make your whole system run sluggish and can also cause problems all on its own. Fortunately DRAW has this wonderful utility that is easy to use.

I use it at home and at work. It is worth the amount of time to set it up.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP