Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adobe "Twirl" Filter?

Hi!
    I have Adobe 5.5 which sits unused on my PC as Xara takes up all my time, and would like to know if it is possible to get the "Twirl" filter that I have copied from Adobe to a separate folder, to work in Xara, Xtreme or Pro!
    At the moment Xara shows the filter but when applying it not a lot happens (Certainly not a twirling effect, more of a blurring of the outline)
    I have tried applying this to vector shape, after convert to shape, after convert to editable shape and also to a bitmap copy but they all look similar?

Any ideas to get this working in Xara as it does in adobe would be appreciated ... Thank you

Default Re: Adobe "Twirl" Filter?

some of the ollder filters only work with bitmaps and some only work with bitmaps with mask areas. Try converting your vector to bitmap and applying the filter then and see what happens.
    Just my 2 cents worht.
    Jim

Tried both ways Scotty
    Not successful unfortunately

Many of Photoshop's own filters are proprietary and do not work in other programs. Adobe does not like to share. :-)

Gary

It certainly appears that way Gary.
    Surprising that the same filter is also being used successfully in Paint Shop Pro 9 though?
    Surely that is sharing as well

I have some plugins that work in XXP, and not in other applications. And, some plugins that work in other applications that don't work in XXP. Not all PS 5.5 filters work in Xara. Sounds as thought it was recognized, but won't run properly. Nothing unusual.

Rich