Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Arrow 3D Studio Max Animation

This was made in 3d studio max, imported to flash, changed *.avi to *.swf

The left monitor shows a different animation of the same scene. I did not want the two characters to be walking the same place at the same time.

IP

Default Re: 3D Studio Max Animation

Cool! Must have taken some time.

Turan
    IP

David you are indeed a strange character.
    Why have you submitted this animation again on Talkgraphics.
    IP

wELL I GUESS i JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT i AM DOING..

SORRY..
    IP

I think this post was moved from the Xtreme Pro Flash section where it was first posted. Nothing to worry about, just the moderators trying to keep things in their proper categories.
    Cool animation. Glad to see a Max user here. Hope you'd post as often as you can. It's good to have users of various programs getting together and learning from one another.
    I'm still trying to understand the walk cycle myself. It's not as simple as it looks. Is it any easier doing it in 3D Studio Max?
    IP

Well in 3d studio max, making footsteps is very very easy,

Just click and you can lay out as many footsteps as you want.

then I just place the footsteps where I want the character to go..up the stairs or down the stairs.. turn the corner etc..

Keyframing footsteps is another matter altogether..using the 3 standard poses lift, pass, plant. I have been practicing free form animation but I have much to learn through "practice' I can take however a "cube" and form that into a decent face in less than 5 minutes time.. I have a tutorial I made on how to push & pull the vertz!!

There is however a new plugin called CAT which is amazing.. I can do hand / finger animations with amazing life like movements.

I will try and post some of my results a.s.a.p

IP

CAT was also mentioned in the Blender forum I frequent. Sounds like a very comprehensive animation plugin. Would be good if you could update us on your experiments with it.
    Motion capture is another thing that comes to mind.
    Not that I'm about to set cameras up, paint the room with a matte color and stick white balls all over myself...
    IP