Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Original Texture Size is distorted

hey guys hope somebody can help me with this problem. I had a texture that was 3px by 3px and I imported it as a texture before and I got it to be at that exact size. The problem is that I havent been able to duplicate the exact size again. No matter how I adjust the percentage of the texture its still not the right size. I know it can be done because I did it before. So is there a way to adjust the texture to the original size?

Default Re: Original Texture Size is distorted

A possible quick fix is to import a new texture, then import your old texture again. Let's know how you get on.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I tried that nothin happened. So there is no way to actually import a texture to the original size if its that small? or even with larger images how would I import a texture to its exact size. I know its possible because I did it before so thats the reason thats its frustating me. I know others must have this question

I did see that you can enter a size value manually whereas the slider only goes to a certain value.

Rich

I don't know why it isn't working now but you could try remaking the texture by tiling it to a larger size or by just increasing the pixel size before you load it into X3D.

Anas

Yeah I've tried plugging in the smalles 1% value but that wont even work. Also if I increase the size of the texture it wont giveme the effect I had. THis is driving me crazy since I know it can be done. I think xara should have a choice of the texture being the original size instead of having to estimate with percentages.

Setting the texture to 100% makes it the original size. Making the values smaller reduce the size of the texture and making them larger than 100% makes the textures larger.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

A 3 x3 pix texture is tiny. How about going back to your original file that created the texture and exporting it under a new name. Likewise in Xara3D apply a flat fill and do a SaveAs. Then try importing the "new" texture.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it. I tried all the suggestions but nothing worked. I just created a larger canvas and filled it with the small pattern and created the texture. I know I probably should have done this in the first place. I didnt figure out how I did it the first time but hey at least I got what I wanted. So thanks for all the ideas

Don't feel bad about that Infinite and am glad your found a solution.

Texture mapping is a subject that plagues anyone who does 3D type of work.

In more featured programs of 3D, in order to get a a precision texture map on an object one has to do what is called a UV map. (There are materials, bump and diffusion maps too, but won't get into that.)

What a UV maps does is flatten out your 3D object where you can export that mesh picture into a paint program or in this case Xara Xtreme and paint on the surfaces.

It becomes important the more complex an object is, that you divide the object in to parts and name them: (head, neck, eye, ear, finger, hand , etc)

You can then have a name for each part, UV that part out and paint it appropriately.

There are aren't that many complex objects that one can make in Xara3D so UV mapping is not really required.

Since there is no ability in Xara3D to UV map because there aren't any really polygonal or spline modeling going on, one has to adjust either the size of object to match the texture or match the size of the texture to the object. A bit of brute force action.

Below is an example what I mean about UV mapping. It is a sphere flattened out, ready for texturing (front and back of sphere.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sphere.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	34174