Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default x3 draw exporting problem

I have been having a problem exporting artwork out of x3 into my print software.. takes a really long time with a bigger file, or it just won't do it at all...I can export easily in 12 with the same file sizes (eps, ai, jpg, tif it doesn't matter they all work well) X3 doesn't even export a jpg well (even at a small file size) Does it have to do something with bevels??? Help?? If I can't get all these bugs out of x3 fast...I'm going back to 12???
    IP

Default Re: x3 draw exporting problem

Yes, the print engine in X3 is a great procrastinator. So if it is something I can save down to 12, I do and print faster even loading up 12. Don't know why that is, perhaps the extra umph to separate spot colors in transparencies and over prints. Can't wait until they fix that one. You can also on multipage documents, even those which are in booklet form but laid out as facing pages, right click when print preview is open and select "print this page now". If it isn't going to print, it is an option to try. Also had to at one point paste up my signatures as I had many pages of spot color separations, that way I could print each one individually and not worry about memory going into a page imposition.

I only have a gig of RAM both at work and at home so perhaps another gig is what it takes. As improvements in computers have gone, it takes more power to keep running over the years as we push the limits of what sophistication we could achieve before. All these extra graphics and effects come I suppose at a price.

I have made .pdf to solve my printing woes and this speeds things up too. The other thing which took me a time to figure out was that X3 views all installed printers as portrait only so if the layout is landscape you have to click on portrait for orientation, then going to custom on page sizes in your print dialogue box, input your height and width as it would be always considering the orientation has to be portrait.

This portrait designation is new to X3 as 12 understood landscape and printed correctly.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I've had this problem too, especially when I did a layout in DRAW and tried to save it out as a PDF. My solution was to export the file as a TIFF, open it in PHOTO-PAINT X3, then save it as a PDF. It worked like a charm.

SG
    IP

Many other presses are only recognizing portrait dimensions now, so it appears to be the wave of the future. If you don't know this, it can be a problem, if you do, just put in your dimensions. Presets are handy, but it doesn't hurt to know how it also works, if you need to do it, this is how, enter custom portrait dimensions.

BTW have found that Xara outputs only portrait dimensions to my Canon wide berth printer too. This doesn't happen in other programs that I've noticed. I guess they figure if you are smart enough to own this stuff, you can figure it out.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP