Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honour

Default Re: Honour

Hmmm.. ? can't quite make out what this all is ? I see the sword.. //

I have no idea what else I am looking at.. the text has shinie but the sword doesnt hmmm.. I am no expert @ 3d but ..I just can't put the whole thing together with Honour ? why so flat and just using one color ? ?

Maybe I am missing something ?

I get a sense of Honour being tied in with courage and sacrifice.

Raven, your work tends to be dark, subtle and emotionally evocative.

I like it a lot.
    ---
    Will

Exclamation Re: Honour

Thank you so much WolfMoonHP.... I'm glad that you like it.

3D4ME2 = Just to clarify a few things. My work is often subtle and the meanings are always within the picture always relates to the title of the piece. I try not to make things too obvious as i think that you should have to think about a piece of artwork and what it means. This makes the piece a lot more thought provoking and many meanings can come out from that. Also, my work is always in dark tones which relate to my own personality. This is one of the few connection i have between me and my pieces of work.

So dont just look at my work and judge something on first impressions. Take a closer look and just think about every piece.

Raven X

I understand and agree with everyting you said.

My comments were NOT BASE ON a hasty look or "pass-by" viewing.. nope..

if I told you how many hours I studied these two images you would not believe me, that is not important.. !!

Every artist has a "statement" to make. in his / her own unique way/method.

Every artist has their own reason(s) for creating.

I am very 'selfish" in my approach..ha ha ha.. I want $$ for my work!! Easier said then done.. !1

I was lucky.. very fortunate, and what started out as a hobby (color photography & creative color darkroom techniques) turned into an extremly profitable past-time.
    reaping 100,000's of thosuand of dollars for my work.
    I have never taken one class in photography ever, yet I have taught pro's the finer point of printing color, I showed Kodak how to do something they were trying to accomplish for "sixty years" was the exaxt words used when they told me to patent my process.
    I have had 3 of the biggest name color labs in Boston trying to get me to work for them because of what skills I had mastered in the darkroom.

If I told you the names of the people I have worked with personally in the Art world you would not believe me.. You have absolutely no idea who I am.

I am not trying to offend you by my comments.. just my honest opinion.

google these names.. and I swear.. I have worked 1 on 1 with these artists !!!

the tops in the world my friend.!!! the very top of the elite !!!

Edna Hibel Joseph Trippetti Leroy Neiman are just a few..

I own a fine art gallery in Anchorage, and recently a photographer from Paramount studio's dropped in.

As he entered the gallery his eyes went around several square feet of wall space and as his view widened he exclaimed WOW!!! do these people like you !!! I said what makes you say that.?? he looked at me and said.. "just look at how they are looking at you " !! he hesitated ..looked around and exclaimed again.. whoa!! what school did you attend to learn how to shoot / compose and get people to look like that ? I said.. I have never been to any school.. he replied (your full of ***) you just didn't learn this.. not like that !!!

I was offered 100,000 to the rights to just one image !!! that was in 1983, I delined.. I have made more than ten times that amount.... I haven't touched a camera since 1990 !!! My images sell big time all over the state of alaska and in 33 different coutries througut the world

My sons make more in just one month than most people make in a year!!
    I am the proud father of 4 high school dropouts that are filthy rich at 18!

this is what they do

this is what I did by melting snow for six months because I had NO WATER,
    I developed sixty rolls of color film in the arctic using snow to mix chemicals and develop color images/prints!! it took me 6 months to develop the film.
    I had a house full of snow to melt to get the water.
    Last edited by RTK; 14 January 2007 at 05:55 PM. Reason: ...

Excuse me, 3D4ME2, but modesty is obviously not one of your virtues...

Raven, keep on painting your pictures. It's your own style.

Regards,
    Remi

Yes Raven.. Please. keep painting your style!! A few people have posted their thoughts and each was positive!! that is great!!

I wonder though.. after remi's comment.. all I was doing was being "honest"

You thought perhaps I am just some kid. bashing your work.. heck no.. all I said was I can't find the hidden meaning or correlation.

I spent quite a bit of time studying your work and I have come to this conclusion based on what you said. (dark personality etc)

you sure must be one depressed dude!! It manifests itself in your "style"!!

That is just my honest opinion based on what I have seen and with the decades of experience I have had in this field!!

Raven... from this post..you have had 3 - 4comments..

from my post.. I have over 2,000 hits !!

sorry you completlly misjudged my post!!

That is perfectly ok.... I thank you for your honesty!!!

It all helps me keep progressing in my work.... so keep comments like that coming....

Raven X

Well thank you so much Raven.. !! thanks.. now let me "advise" you how to develop your style "just a litle bit"

One thing that has a very powerful impact in Art is the use of "SUBTLE COLORS"

Honor has two colors. black & red.. your composititon is perfect.!! but just a hint or splash of one more color would be incredibly awesome!!

using complimentry color in juxtaposition would greatly enhance the effect your trying to portray with "Honor!!"

You do have a 'style" that is pleasing to the eye and mystical as you want/desire... I guess that mystical is the wrong word. mysterious is more like it and I like that a lot. I just have difficulty in the "statement" that is being made.

with practice.. I am sure you will advance to achieve your goal, whatever that might be.

I have always had one goal in mind.. I wanted to excell in photography,
    My photos of whaling were taken 25 years ago.. and to this day. Itis without a doubt the best collection of Eskimo lifestyle / culture in the entire state.
    My photos have been published in many books, magazines, and many other places. I have won many awards with my images. But hard work and a lust for success has been my main driving force.
    I have always wanted one thing since I have been a child. to become filthy rich for one purpose only... so I couldl just give it all away!!

Money means absolutly nothing to me.. it is a "tool" that is often abused!!

Money is just like a "screwdriver" .. it allows you to do something, that you could not do without it.. with out that special screwdriver.. you can't loosen the screw or tighten it..(LMAO) same thing with money.. without it..you can't do what you want to do!!

I would seriously go out to a book store and buy a copy of Artists Market book. There are 1000's of companies that buy/ purchase art.

Do not hesistate to submit your stuph to companies according to thier submission process.. I am sure you will hit pay dirt.. just don't give up!!!