Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LoadMovie from a website

I have recieved a banner to load into my website. The banner turned out to be 1 kb empty swf. When I upload it on my website it shows some ad that the person who sent it to me can change.

Since I need to work with different companies and give them my banners I've decided to try and copy the idea of sending them one empty swf file and just using a LoadMovie command to load different files from my server.

I assumed that it works with loadMovie command and tried to use:

mc.loadMovie ("http://www.2b.sce.ac.il/banner.swf");

or loadMovie ("http://www.2b.sce.ac.il/banner" , "mc");

(Or something like that).

The problem is it doesn't work!

My question is: Is it possible to load a movie clip from an external url? And f not is there another simple way to achieve such a task?

Thanks,

Availor.
    IP

Default Re: LoadMovie from a website

Availor, you might be encountering the "sandbox" restrictions of the flash player - it stops you from reading files from a domain other than the one the web page is loaded from.

Be interesting to know more about the swf that was given to you. Ask the author how it works.

Paul
    IP

onLoad () {
    loadMovieNum("http://www.wer2b.com/loadingdock/test/wer2blayout1311a.swf",0);
    }

this works fine by me,only thing if playing in Flashplayer your firewall may give a call.
    when in your site this must work easy
    (use this technic myself all the time
    have a small site and a big one to put my pics and ext.swf there and have the little site load externaly(use Swishmax for scripting)

see attachment

Gr.Hans
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Hi

From what I’ve read on this issue pauland seems to be right.

So I had a browse of a book I bought a few months back on flash (although I haven’t tried it out yet)

This is a quote from the book.

In Flash player 7, cross-movie scripting is permitted only between movies originating from the same domain. Any other cross-movie scripting works only after calling System.securtiy.allowDomain to permit access. The following example shows how you would use System.securtiy.allowDomain to permit access to www.myserver.comand www.adomain.com

System.security.allowDomain(“www.myserver.com”.”www.adomain.com” );

Let us know how you get on,
    Last edited by manny2k; 06 January 2007 at 02:36 PM.
    IP

Thanks for your reply!

If it works for haakoo I see no reason why it shouldn't work for me. I have no firewall.

There is a tutorial describing the process. Maybe I just mistyped something.

I will try haakoo's method using the onLoad command.

Thanks again.
    IP

http://www.kunstfocus.nl/loadingdock/extload.html

here file one resides and loads from here

www.wer2b.com

Not restricted to onloadfunction
    I have load it in to a _level,but you can also load into a sprite/MC
    IP

that was a nice piece of work haakoo
    IP

I think that the Flash security sandbox is a bit more subtle than might be appreciated (of course it may not have anything to do with Availors problem at all). If a flash swf (main.swf, say) is running and has been loaded from domain a.com, it can load another swf (second.swf) from b.com into another level, but what is prohibited is main.swf and second.swf exchanging data in any way, or loading a swf from domain b.com into MovieClip created as part of the main.swf.

So you can load .swf files from different domains, but they cannot exchange data in any way: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_16629

Anyway, I freely admit it's not a problem I've had (but then again I've not been accessing data across multiple domains), but I disagree if people say it's not a problem that can exist. It may or may not be a problem for Availor, that all depends on the code that he has and nobody has seen that.

Paul
    IP

Availor,

Do a search on "clickTag". This allows for cross server scripting. There is also a need to ensure the cross server scripting only allows http and NOT ftp and other variations.

I've never used it but clickTAGS allow for 2 url's, the tracking url (to count the clicks) and the url of the swf. This way the author of the swf file only needs to add clickTAG as the url and the host site enters the clickTag address into their html page. I persume the banner can be changed as and whenever the client desires by just creating the new swf under the name of the previous swf.

Do a search on Adobes site on clickTags as well as Google. It think this will assist you.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 07 January 2007 at 06:12 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thanks for the tips guy.

Haakoo - nice website of yours. I like the design. I wonder what went wrong. I will do a bit more experiments.
    IP