Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rocker (early stages)

Still very early, I'll post finished drawing when done.

Based on a photo of my cousin. Some minor changes made to give it a cartoon look - mainly the head is larger than normal, because cartoon heads usually are. The face is still very rough, but the finished drawing will have clean lines. I do a rough sketch to get the form I want, then use that as a guide to do the finished drawing.

-Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BurningEden.gif 
Views:	908 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	33882  
    •Bob

Default Re: Rocker (early stages)

Beautiful. You got the face (especially the eyes) really good. I like that kind of style.
    Have your fun NOW. Maybe tomorrow it's too late...
    Tom

..: Better natural stupidity than artificial intelligence! :..

A Rocker ... hope that skirt is in leather!

Look forward to seeing the final image - and interim images if you care to post them?
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

I work on this drawing now and then.

As you can see I started working on the eyes. My original idea was to do a sketch-like drawing as the finished drawing. As you can see in the first image, the black lines are pretty heavy for the most part. Normally, my sketches aren't that heavy. They're more like the light blue sketch you can see underneath.

Then thought I'd do it with a cleaner black line. Now coloured lines. Anyway, this is it so far.

-Bob.

Name:	rocker02.jpg 
Views:	841 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	33945  
    Last edited by Bob Hahn; 07 January 2007 at 01:25 PM.
    •Bob

Please keep posting as many stages as you can Bob, it's just great to see how folks slowly build up an image.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Two eyes now. As I go along, I make little tweaks here and there.

What would be her left eye, has been repositioned slightly and compressed a bit (not so wide). What I do is flip the image (mirror) and doing so, things that once may looked okay may now look slightly off. So you make those adjustments, flip it back and it "should" look better.

-Bob.

Name:	rocker03.jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	33951  
    •Bob

Just to show the layers at the moment. Makes it easier so you can turn off the edit feature on layers you're not working on, so you're not constantly moving things you don't want to.

Hair front and back, is hair that appears infront of the face and behind. Makes it easier, instead of having everything in one layer. When you're done, you can have it in one layer, but when creating and editing - best to use layers.

Name:	rocker_layers.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	33952  
    •Bob

Coming along nicely, Bob.

I agree with the use of layers in this way .. I tend to use too many, perhaps, but s'long as they are labelled appropriately keeping track of stuff is okay.

Thanks for posting the interim images ... it makes for a most interesting thread and is useful for us wannabe portrait artists.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Not a whole lot done since the last image, but I'm getting there

As I go and add the rest of the drawing, I'm also editing the parts that I've already done - like the neck line on the shirt has been adjusted. The head has been slightly resized (smaller) and repositioned. The face has the most work done on it as for shading goes right now. Until I have the whole drawing drawn in, that's when I'll add more shading effects, highlights, extra detail and so on to the entire image.

-Bob.

Name:	update02.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	33992  
    •Bob

Very good development of the Rocker, from concept through all the stages of development. Looking forward to your next edition.

As people have pointed out to me from as long as I remember, that I have a high forehead: nevertheless, people come in all shapes and sizes. Glad to see your drawing.
    Last edited by sallybode; 09 January 2007 at 02:55 PM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode