Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PS2: Give one image the coloring of another.

A photo was reduced in size and changed drastically in color and slightly in contrast in it's smaller version. I need the color changes that were done to a smaller photo applied to a larger, otherwise identical photo, while maintaining the sharpness and texture of the larger version.

I have enlarged the smaller photo to the exact size of the larger (smart object) and placed it on a separate layer in exact registration with the larger image. I can simply adjust contrast "manually," but the coloring I would like to apply directly. Would be great to keep the large image as a smart object.
    IP

Default Re: PS2: Give one image the coloring of another.

look at match color in Photoshop help notes, it should work well for you.
    IP

hI IF YOU DO YOUR COLOR ADJUSTMENTS IN AN AJDJUSTMENT LAYER, WHEN YOU OPEN THE SECOND IMAGE, AND YOUR FISRT IMAGE IS SITTING ON THE TASK BAR, CLICK THE FIRST IMAGE WITHOUT OPENING IT AND IT WILL SHOW UP IN THE LAYERS PALLET, CLICK AND HOLD DOWN THE COLOR ADJUSTMENT LAYER AND DRAG IIT ONTO THE SECOND IMAGE AND IT WILL TAKE ON ALL THE ADJUSTMNETS MADE IN THE FIRST IMAGE. VERY EASY.
    IP

Try putting the image on top with the layer blending mode set to color. It might be necessary to give it slightly glaussian blur first.
    IP