Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the attempt. The color your looking for is kinda a shiney pewter with a tiny bit of rose mixed in with the yellow. I know you've seen it out on the highways and byways before, it's a pretty common car color these days.

Love your work!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Well, I prefer the classic 1950s colours; turquoise, coral pink, sky blue. A lot of those car colours ended up on Fender guitars too. Even the famous Fiesta Red was originally a car paint.
    "Communication is everything"

Oh, don't get me wrong Simon, I think those colors are just fine but I was curious about what a classic car would look like with a modern day color scheme, that's all!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I have to add that one modern car finish I really DO like is a very striking metallic orange exactly the colour of a goldfish, which I've seen on Daewoo Matiz's and on Fiat Puntos. I also quite like the 1970s tangerine, lime green and sky blue non-metallics often seen on VW Beetles and Citroƫn 2CVs. The coolest finish I ever saw was a Daimler-Benz Smart Car with a custom black holo-flake finish - jet-black but with a myriad of tiny sparkles that changed colour according to the direction of the light. The ugliest finish? Well, there are a few. Ford's 1970s metallic purple, which just looks cheap and nasty; BMW's vulgar near-dayglo yellow from around the same time, and Fiat's current pearlescent snot-green.
    "Communication is everything"

I thought I'd try something new with this chevy and this is what I came up with. I dropped it, chopped it, put custom wheels on it, put dice in the windshield, tinted the windows and removed the door handles. I then added a purple metallic paint job, custom head lamps and some skirts. It's now a lowrider...
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57chevbelairlowrider.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	1265  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Cool Ron...

If you look real close at the back tire you still see the remains of some of the wheel well. there is a dark arch where the wheel is...

I know... it is transparent alluminum... Just like on one of the Trekie Movies... "Save the (wheel) wells"!
    John/DOT

Ron
    Where do you get those dice from? I must have some.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ummmm, Egg, I think your the wrong nationality!

Cool car Ron!! I think it's really neat looking. I love the color too!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard
    Oh I can remember the dice ... and the nodding dogs ... just couldn't afford them then. I want one now! I'm hip!
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Great looking lowrider Ron! The fender skirts and dice are a nice touch, very retro.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update