Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How About The Logo Creator?

Last edited by Laughingbird; 05 January 2007 at 03:28 AM.
    IP

WOW this is an interesting thread.

I have to say that everyone makes good points. Users have their choices of software they use and feel comfortable with. I for one use Xara Xtreme and Pro both. I also have been a Laughingbird Software user for awhile to. I find Marc's software pretty dang cool and know that there are allot of users out there that do to.
    Now granted a professional designer might not use it, but I think you can still do great things with it. I still use it to this day.
    I think it is up to the artist, designer or person to choose what they feel comfortable with to do their work. Granted I might find XX and XXP great for designing and easy to use, but that don't mean that someone else does. I just think that the user should decide for themselves on a software and use what makes them happy. Marc's software can do so much more than logos. It just takes playing with it to figure it out, like any other software.

So I will always use XX, XXP and Marc's software. They are all great in my book.

Well enough of my opinion. this was just my $.02.

Have a great day!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sogoldesigns View Post
    WOW this is an interesting thread.

I have to say that everyone makes good points.
    No, this is not very interesting (so far). No one has made any interesting points at all...

However, to some extent it's my fault, I was too aggressive as I at first thought that nydev was spamming. However, I realized that by my second post that it wasn't so, and I apologized. And of course it become ever more clear later that "nydev" was not associated, when the company/creator Marc (Laughingbird) showed up to clarify a few things.

Users have their choices of software they use and feel comfortable with. I for one use Xara Xtreme and Pro both. I also have been a Laughingbird Software user for awhile to. I find Marc's software pretty dang cool and know that there are allot of users out there that do to.
    I don't think there is one member on this forum that only uses one software... Almost daily, I use Xara Extreme, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for something.

The issue is not "yay" or "nay" for this Logo Creator Software... The person that started this whole thread (and the point of it all) asked, quote: "Is this program enough for SERIOUS designers?"

And as such it's ridiculous beyond description!

Now granted a professional designer might not use it, but I think you can still do great things with it. I still use it to this day.
    Well, again... The issue/question was "SERIOUS designers".

If you simply want to spruce up your own and your friend’s websites, I'm sure it's ok morally (and perhaps even legally), if they know that you are not the designer of the "mark" - but Marc is (no pun intended).

However, if you sell Marc's modified clip-art (designs) as "your original designs" you could end up in a heap of trouble.

Let's say that business (A) registers (or is an established business in general) one of the Logo Creator clip-arts as a Trademark or Servicemark --- along comes business (B), the one that YOU sold one of the modified clip-arts too...

(A) finds out about (B) - and (B) points to YOU. Who would be in a heap of trouble? It's all YOU! Granted, if it's grandma's needlepoint website, the odds of little old grandma coming after you is minimal, but if you happen to cost a company a lot of money (not simply by hiring you to "design" a logo, but for signage, brochures, business card, letter-heads etc. etc. etc. If it's big enough damage - they will come after you - have no doubt.

It's legally impossible to have the same mark copyrighted twice. Changing the colours, adding a drop-shadow, changing the font etc. Does not an original design make.

I think it is up to the artist, designer or person to choose what they feel comfortable with to do their work.
    That's the whole point - you are not the artist or the designer - Marc (Laugingbird) is! All YOU are doing is manipulating clip-art.

Granted I might find XX and XXP great for designing and easy to use, but that don't mean that someone else does. I just think that the user should decide for themselves on a software and use what makes them happy. Marc's software can do so much more than logos. It just takes playing with it to figure it out, like any other software.
    This thread was not started with the question: "what software makes you happy?" Lots of different software makes people happy. It's pointless debate that has been beaten to death here over the last 7-10 years. I don't think there is one user here that only uses one piece of software.

The original question was, quote: "Is this program enough for SERIOUS designers?"

So I will always use XX, XXP and Marc's software. They are all great in my book.

Well enough of my opinion. this was just my $.02.

Have a great day!
    I don't think you will find anyone here at TG (using any software) that will disagree with you. Again, the question was not, "which software is better". There is no "better" - what ever makes your day...

The original question was: "Is this program enough for SERIOUS designers?"

And the answer is: ABSOLUTELY NOT!

And for the record: I don't hate Marc (Laughingbird). I have never meet the guy... I can't hate anyone for working on something he believes in.

In fact, I admire everyone who puts in a lot of work to make his or her idea worthwhile for them. Also, it's not like Marc is selling crack cocaine to schoolchildren...

For the last time (in this post at least)... The original question was: ""Is this program enough for SERIOUS designers?"

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 05 January 2007 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
    IP

Last edited by Laughingbird; 05 January 2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Risto removed my comments here so I removed the entire thread.
    IP

Marc,

Stop bumping your thread. This is starting to look more and more like any other developer spam that comes by here - this thread is closed.

I'm saying it again - this is for members to discuss graphics, not for developers to come and advertise/promote their products.

As to your question - it's answered in length in my previous post.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 05 January 2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
    IP