Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How About The Logo Creator?

A member of my forums posted a topic about using The Logo Creator by Laughing Bird Software today.

I wanted to get some opinions from the members here on the app if you've ever heard of it or used it.

I've seen some of the logos done using it and they seem to be well done.

Is this program enough for SERIOUS designers?
    What do you think of it?
    Last edited by RTK; 04 January 2007 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Removed SW related link.
    IP

Default Re: How About The Logo Creator?

I have never heard of the program or the company.

It does look like something that may be the answer to people that post here wanting a logo designed for free.

We could point them to the program and let them design their own. After purchasing several of those template packs at $39.95 USD each, they may understand that a professionally designed logo is worth money to it's creator.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I have never heard of the program or the company.

It does look like something that may be the answer to people that post here wanting a logo designed for free.

We could point them to the program and let them design their own. After purchasing several of those template packs at $39.95 USD each, they may understand that a professionally designed logo is worth money to it's creator.

Or they could just buy Xara Xtreme, They could make their own logo, totally
    original, because those programs don`t create original logo`s ofcourse.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Hi Ankhor,

It would be a good thing if the people wanting free logos would be willing to learn to use Xara Xtreme. Many of those that have been asking recently do not have a desire to learn any program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by nydev View Post
    A member of my forums posted a topic about using The Logo Creator by Laughing Bird Software today.

I wanted to get some opinions from the members here on the app if you've ever heard of it or used it.

I've seen some of the logos done using it and they seem to be well done.

What do you think of it?
    Here is one I composed with Logo Creator. I think anything logo creator can do can be done equally as well if not better with Xara Xtreme etc. incidentally it produces transparent background in png if required. You can make an original logo with it . The program comes with a selection of ready made editable logos .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Para1.png 
Views:	2435 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	33814  
    Last edited by parahandy; 01 January 2007 at 09:38 PM.
    IP

Nice logo, Norman, but you could do that and then some in Xara. Guess you shaved after Christmas.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

You've got to be kidding me? If you even have to ask the question... It's all about using a few (weak) clip-art images and some text effects and putting it all together into something that might perhaps look like an original logo - to a sucker.

As for "SERIOUS designers" - it's probably the weakest, most lamest piece of software I have EVER seen! Yes, it might perhaps pull in a sucker or two *once in a while"... But if you are in the business of defrauding people - surely you can think of something more worthwhile and lucrative than this piece of non-software?

OMG - is anyone buying that junk? Really?

Go here: http://www.xaraxone.com and check out the gallery - then compare it to "template" logos of this 'non-software'... With even the miniscule sense of anything - it can be done in Xara Extreme in no time at all.

It's too funny to be spam - so I'm leaving it here, for now.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 02 January 2007 at 04:45 AM.
    IP

One can probably do logos in many of the free programs available much better than the Laughing Bird software. (XaraLX[linux version], inkscape,paintnet,GIMP,Blender [powerful 3D software]) and many others.

It is not so much the design that the software can do, but the designer.

A skilled artist with a pencil can do something amazing things.

A non-skilled artist like me is looking for the eraser.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Risto Klint View Post
    You've got to be kidding me? If you even have to ask the question... It's all about using a few (weak) clip-art images and some text effects and putting it all together into something that might perhaps look like an original logo - to a sucker.

As for "SERIOUS designers" - it's probably the weakest, most lamest piece of software I have EVER seen! Yes, it might perhaps pull in a sucker or two *once in a while"... But if you are in the business of defrauding people - surely you can think of something more worthwhile and lucrative than this piece of non-software?

OMG - is anyone buying that junk? Really?

Go here: http://www.xaraxone.com and check out the gallery - then compare it to "template" logos of this 'non-software'... With even the miniscule sense of anything - it can be done in Xara Extreme in no time at all.

It's too funny to be spam - so I'm leaving it here, for now.

Risto
    For some reason i was getting that impression of the software just from the name in itself.

I dont know why, but i believe you without even trying it.

Honestly we're discussing the program on my forums and i sort of said the same thing you said
    It's all about using a few (weak) clip-art images and some text effects and putting it all together into something that might perhaps look like an original logo - to a sucker.
    but in question form

I'm sorry if i misunderstood, but were you implying at all that somehow my post may have been spam?
    Last edited by nydev; 02 January 2007 at 06:15 AM.
    IP

but in question form

I'm sorry if i misunderstood, but were you implying at all that somehow my post may have been spam?
    in answer form

Yes… I thought so… But I was obvisouly wrong and I apologise for that. Good to see that you agree that it’s a piece of junk software that no “SERIOUS designers” needs to waste even one breath on.

Great to see that you found your way over to Talkgraphics to confirm your original thoughts.

Risto
    IP