Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Autoforward frame to another swf

Hi all,

Happy Happy...

I was wondering if it's possible to forward a frame ( instead of to the next frame ) to a new url or new swf file?

Usually frames progress every x seconds in an animation, I assume at one frame, the next "frame" could be a new swf, or at least a new html page referencing the next swf?

Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Autoforward frame to another swf

Tallis,

Probably the best way to do this is to have a NEXT button which has a web address set up as below:

Web Address use the url as next.swf and the Target Frame of _level0.
    by using _level0 it's replacing the original swf with the new one.

For more details look at this THREAD
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Go figure, the one time I didnt search since I thought Ive read all the flash threads already... Ive read that thread but didnt think to use it here... Thanks!

By the way, what about the "automatically" part of my question?

As an animation progresses in frames, let's say each frame is 2 seconds. I'd like to have, say, the 10th frame do its 2 seconds, then at the end of that interval, automatically throw the visitor to the next swf. ( no button to press)
    IP

I've been trying to do a workaround on that but haven't found one. The Web Address feature is a button only feature. I can't find a code that would work in the Frame Gallery. So, no there doesn't appear to be an automatic way of doing it.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if you want it to go automatically from one to another, why not just add the second to the first? Is it a question of speed, file size, or something else enterely? I'm very new to this, so if this is a dumb question, please forgive!
    ---
    Will
    IP

file size. i'm still on my dumb "design a website with xara" kick...

but this levels thing I still have to learn...
    IP

It's not a dumb question at all Will. The advantage of using the _level command is that it allows you to load various swfs dynamically rather than just sequentialy.

Further to this it is far easier to have several small xar files which you use to create several small swf's from, than one large xar file which creates one large swf. Editing becomes so much easier.
    Egg

IP

By the way, I meant to ask of there is any limit to layers?

i.e. Xara (or flash ?) supports addressing a max of 99 layers?
    IP

Are we talking Layers, frames or _levels? I never knew Xtreme had a limit of 99 layers and I must admit I could never think of using that many. Just trying to find a layer would be like reading a short story!
    Egg

IP

It's funny... I remember reading a thread weeks ago where someone confused the words levels and layers, and I thought to myself, it's all in black and white, no? And then here I am with this...

I meant levels, not layers, although ( and you're right about the short story ) I'll let the question stand for layers ( which I assume would be the same with farmes ) or levels, if anyone knows for trivia...
    IP