Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Majik Imaje

Talking Re: Majik Imaje

IP

Default Re: Majik Imaje

These images are awesome...though for the life of me I can't understand how anyone would love that climate!

After college (many years ago) I worked three years in Amarillo, Texas, and had enough cold weather to last me a lifetime. In November, 1966, I moved to South Florida, and never looked back!

Now, we consider it cold weather when it drops below 60 F. The only concession I make to our "cold" is to wear long pants and even a long-sleeve shirt instead of my normal shorts and t-shirts. (I'm retired, so I don't have to dress to impress...LOL)
    ---
    Will
    IP

Default Re: Majik Imaje

Well for the life of me I just can't understand how people want to live in a climate that is so hot you can boil and egg on any car or on the side walk

Living here in the arctic is the only life for me. The wind is something I could never walk away from.. it is always windy here.. North wind is the prevailing wind and the ocean is frozen 9 months out of the year!!!

Whaling is a way of life in this village. The mighty Bowhead whale!!

Ever sleep outside @ 50 below zero for weeks w/ no tents ?? ha ha ha ha ha

just to eat !!!!! it truely is spectacular living up here at the top of the world.

Life is simple, challenging, and my backyard is bigger than your whole state !!!

http://majikimaje.com/alaska-map.jpg

To each his own.!!! But I wouldn't trade this lifestyle and weather for anything in the world.

1983 I took my Eskimo wife to Boston (February) it was 30 above zero!!!

ha ha ha ha ha.. with her big huge eskimo fur parky on.. she froze her butt off!!!

Here in the Arctic.. the cold just gets on you.. it never penetrates.

In Anchorage, during the winter months.. it is a very common site to see college students walking with just a T-shirt on and short cuts WHEN IT IS ZERO!!!!

http://majikimaje.com/3girls.jpg

It is 35 below zero in this image, Look at the expressions on these children,

do they look "cold" one bit ? nope.. !!

The girl on the far left was saying to me, as I snapped the shutter..
    Wanna see me eat snow ?

How do you get delicious fresh water ?? out of ocean ice? at 30 below zero ??

We can easily live in your enviornment.. but there is no way you could ever live in ours!! (chuckle)

At the present moment it is 50 below zero here with 40 mph winds!

http://majikimaje.com/AapaNAakaweb.JPG

Now just look at these two teenagers... lmao.. in their 90's ha ha.. !!!
    Last edited by 3D4ME2; 02 January 2007 at 06:13 PM.
    IP