Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default x3 bevel question???

I typed in a text...then added a texture to it (background of a volcano) Question is every time I bevel it...it changes color...texture is gone??? Can the bitmap or textured color not be bevel???if so how???Thanks any help would be appreciated
    IP

Default Re: x3 bevel question???

It is a vector bevel, but you can texture it, just differently. You can copied your filled textured bitmapped text to the clipboard, then bevel away with the vector text. When happy, paste the bitmap textured text on top, then blend it together for a unified effect by using one of the many transparency modes. Depening upon what you are after,you may prefer a linear tranparency, to blend with making it darker, use multiply, alot darker, use subtract, to lighten use add, also you have lots of percentages to see how things look. If you want two, as I often do, I use one transparency witn a linear transparency from the top and a different one from the bottom, blending both to zero in the middle. Those are the ones I use most of the time, but I usually run the gamut and test them all when selecting. The I know I have the best solution.

You can also apply the texture and the bevel in PhotoPaint, but if you do, save a backup in a end page of the document I call scraps, where if a customer doesn't like the effect, I can edit my vectors again. (Sometimes I make a typo) easier to save the vector than start over. Sometimes a customer goes on vacation and I cannot remember exactly how I achieved and effect, so a backup or one in various stages makes a lot of sence. Elsewise, I type notes to myself or any other graphic artist who has to work with the file to explain how to order the print job if it is "unique". In other words, I innovated so well, have to explain it to myself as well. I may not look at the file for another year. I can't remember what I had for dinner a year ago either, so I make notes.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thanks Sally...I got it to work that way...except I didn't understand how you had 2 blends that blend together...
    IP

The bevel is considered an effect and also transparency is considered an effect. Differnt from the blend tool entirely. However once using transparency you have BLEND MODES, these are different transparency modes that effect how your images BLENDS with the image behind it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP