Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photoshop Vector Smart Objects

I have a file with Vector Smart Objects in Photoshop. Is there any way I can import that into Xara with the smart objects treated as vector objects in Xara?

Default Re: Photoshop Vector Smart Objects

I don't know anything about Vector Smart Objects in Photoshop, but it may be possible to import them into XXPro as pdf's. Import pdf is not available in the current release but Xara is hoping it will ship with the CD's in Late January.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Smart objects are to my understanding essentially vector objects that can be edited in illustrator

Smart Objects mean that you can edit in one programme and it retains these edits in the programme that you want to use the file in and still remain the ability to edit the file again. This surely is an a Abode facility and should not be confused with Xara but say if your were working in GoLive and labled an object as a Smart Object it should in theory return you to the programme which was the last one to edit it it?
    Design is thinking made visual.

A smart object in Photoshop can be a large variety of file types vector or bitmap on its own special layer that can be resized or distorted any number of times in the design process without an accumulative drop in quality.

The Smart Objects in Photoshop can be both vector and bitmap. On opening such a PSD file with both vector and bitmap Smart Objects in XXP, it turns out that these layers are imported -- but are both rasterized at whatever DPI you ask for when importing. So round-tripping PSD files with Smart Objects between PS and XXP is sadly impossible.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Klaus, if your aim was to achieve a "militantly dull" home page, you failed!

I found your tutorial on transparent layering to be fascinating. I bookmarked it for future reference.
    ---
    Will