Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Body animations.

Vueman, I looked at it briefly when I got a half price offer earlier this year. It didn't look all that easy. But then, I do business graphics, so I may have gotten thrown off by all the detail stuff that would make sense to other people.

Rage, your "worm" looks good, but the guy's feet still aren't flexing. Unless he's making a concerted effort not to move his feet, they're going to point at least a little bit as he moves them up and down.

BTW, notice the bit of orange leg that projects beyond the feet as they come down. That looks like one of the issues I ran into when I was doing a series of animations a few years ago. The flash format just didn't support some of the movements, so I had to use AVI or QuickTime for those projects. For example, if I had an owl flying across the canvas, flapping its wings, it would look good in the authoring app, but when exported to flash, the wings would come apart in places and the claws would visually separate from the body after only a few frames. Perhaps that's something that's improved in more recent versions.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Marcia recently posted a cartoon thread which touched on body animation, which is extremly difficult to do but something she achieved excellently.

It got me thinking of the best methods to mimic these actions. Whilst it doesn't create 100% accurate animation I think this is the easiest method. A man in a red leotard is slightly off-putting but you have to try your best.

i've got quicktime, 7.1.3.100 but can't view any of the vids? they just have the normal Q but with a ? mark on i've just got XPro so would be great to see the animations, any ideas guys?
    IP

suunto,
    I'm confused. They're not Quicktime animations. They're Flash. Perhaps you need to go to Macromeadia site and download the latest Flash Player (Player9).
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    suunto,
    I'm confused. They're not Quicktime animations. They're Flash. Perhaps you need to go to Macromeadia site and download the latest Flash Player (Player9).
    don't you be confused too, we need someone who knows whats going on

when i click the thread and it opens a quicktime box comes up "some components are missing blah blah---------> click continue" which takes me to here http://www.apple.com/quicktime/resou...omponents.html

and all the boxes have a Q on, so i put two and two together and got six but looks like i need 9 (thanks for the tip)
    IP

Suunto that only shows that quicktime is mistakenly registered as the program to open flash animations.

If you open Windows Explorer and find a .swf file and right click, select Properties. You will see that it is to be opened with Quicktime. Click the button to change the program, if you find Flash Player in the list of available programs select it. If the flash player isn't in the list select Internet Explorer or your default browser.

When quicktime installs it will register itself to open almost every graphic format unless you force it to register to open Apple Quicktime movie as the only choice.
    Last edited by Soquili; 14 January 2007 at 05:39 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Yes, don't you just love quicktime. What really gets me is it always seems to need updating!!! I avoid it like the plague.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Suunto that only shows that quicktime is mistakenly registered as the program to open flash animations.

If you open Windows Explorer and find a .swf file and right click, select Properties. You will see that it is to be opened with Quicktime. Click the button to change the program, if you find Flash Player in the list of available programs select it. If the flash player isn't in the list select Internet Explorer or your default browser.

When quicktime installs it will register itself to open almost every graphic format unless you force it to register to open Apple Quicktime movie as the only choice.
    thank you
    IP

This thread just reminded me of the first thing I did when Xara X came out, the first software I'd owned that could do animation.

It's sort of an amalgam of Baba Yaga's hut and the Great British Shed, and inspired by some serious experimentation with Glenfiddich. I was quite pleased with the leg movements at the time though.

Sorry about the file size, it's a gif you know.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

JWhitman, this is great! It is a really fun animation, and I really like the way the legs and feet move. VERY well done!
    ---
    Will
    IP

Thanks. Sadly I lost the .xar file years ago, often wished I could find it to remind myself how I did it.
    IP