Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Body animations.

Marcia recently posted a cartoon thread which touched on body animation, which is extremly difficult to do but something she achieved excellently.

It got me thinking of the best methods to mimic these actions. Whilst it doesn't create 100% accurate animation I think this is the easiest method. A man in a red leotard is slightly off-putting but you have to try your best.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 27 December 2006 at 05:51 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: Body animations.

Sorry egg - couldn't help myself!

This one's for all you soccer - not football fans out there.

IP

Quote Originally Posted by aridzone View Post
    Sorry egg - couldn't help myself!
    Is that you Intbel?!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    Is that you Intbel?!
    Nope, I'd do better than that >grin<
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Aridzone,

I love it!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

A lot of Flash dancing silhouettes have started appearing in small Internet ads and they are very arresting (which might explain why they are there).

I suspect the animator who created the figures used stills from a video and did a figure/object from each frame. Slow process but very effective result.

And as this is traditional animation, you don't need to bother about tweening. You just create a bunch of frames.

I believe the term for this in TV commercials is Rotoscope.

Gary
    IP

Yes Gary,

LearnFlash.com did a tutorial on creating these a couple of months back. It's just a matter of tracing the outline of the figure in each frame. So for 1 seconds video you need 24 silhouettes. For anyone used to doing this in Xtreme it should be a very easy (if somewhat boring) exercise. The outline doesn't have to be that exact either as it only appears for 1/24th of a second.

I believe there's software out there that will do it for you.
    Egg

IP

Egg, I like the way your guy's arms and head are moving, but the leg movement makes him look like he's stuck on a pole.

When I was trying to make a character walk a couple of years ago, I never did master it, but I did see that the knees had to bend and the foot had to flex. You can see what I mean in this sample I just turned up on Google:
    http://www.cartoonsolutions.com/stor...l-p-16292.html

And here's a link to a tutorial on walking that was done a few years ago. Although the software instructions are for Moho, the pdf includes some useful info on character walking in general:
    http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36

Allison
    IP

Do the Worm!!! LMAO

IP

Has any one here used Poser as thier animation tool? It is actually extremely simple to perform complex animations of cartoon characters, and human-like characters alike. The only problem is the rather large file size, (Usually AVI), but it an easy an solution to the problem. The characters can be made to talk, and walk as well.
    It's all good, as they say.
    IP