Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Landscape with Car

That is good practice, Sally - using the original hard copy to reference the finer details.

I do similarly, but instead of hard copy use the other monitor to display the hi-res image. This works, but not, perhaps, as well as using original hard copy image although I scan at 600 dpi.

All in all, a great drawing - ten brownie points and a rosette on the way ..
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Post Re: Landscape with Car

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    Think this is the best car I've done.
    Well Sally, I think so too ! Now on to the Citroen
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

[QUOTE=Intbel;190934]That is good practice, Sally - using the original hard copy to reference the finer details.
    I do similarly, but instead of hard copy use the other monitor to display the hi-res image. This works, but not, perhaps, as well as using original hard copy image although I scan at 600 dpi.

All in all, a great drawing - ten brownie points and a rosette on the way ..[/QUO

Good point Raymond,
    Here's a drawing where the photo I worked from couldn't just be traced as the van had considerable body damage and also missed some of the details of my actual drawing, i.e. "Cruisaire" logo, hub caps etc. For these missing items I had to search the internet for photos of the actual parts so that I could include them in the final drawing. Of course, I had to not only draw them, but alter the perspective to fit my drawing.
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sampledrawing.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	33732  
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 29 December 2006 at 06:08 PM.

Good point, Ron, as the job of an illustrator is not only to draw what they see but to alter what they draw to repair, or replace or modify to specs or their own ideas what is lacking in source files they are using.

I only have one monitor. My motherboard is at the point in order to do that, I'd need to upgrade my son tells me.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    Here's a drawing where the photo I worked from couldn't just be traced as the van had considerable body damage and also missed some of the details of my actual drawing, i.e. "Cruisaire" logo, hub caps etc. For these missing items I had to search the internet for photos of the actual parts so that I could include them in the final drawing. Of course, I had to not only draw them, but alter the perspective to fit my drawing.
    ron
    I remember seeing that at the time - an expert job I thought (and still do.)

Most drawings require original input for them to work properly.
    This is not always easy, I find.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.