Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Need some help making a rhinestone design

Hi Guys, I am trying to make some rhinestone Designs to put on T-shirts the factory wants me to create someting similar to these pictures but I can not figure out a simple way to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tr-da06.jpg 
Views:	3625 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	33646

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tr-da02.jpg 
Views:	3637 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	33647

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tr-da10.jpg 
Views:	3348 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	33648
    IP

Default Re: Need some help making a rhinestone design

Dont quite understand what your asking here, is the colours used the actual design? or is this where the gromits are going to be glued on so that actual rhinestones can be placed in the gromits.

If its the actual design that you are going to use with screen or transfer there are many PS tuts that you can convert to illustrator. Just to a search on any of the large PS site like PhotoShop cafe or the like and start from there, I have seen at least 3. Also do a search on this site and see what happens.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

I believe the original artist created a custom brush, it simply repeats, and for each alternate color, you create a color shift. You draw therefore one rhinestone and let the computer draw each subsequent one.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Hello, welcome in.

As Sally has mentioned, you can easily achieve this by creating a custom brush and follow along a path, which will be in the shape of your letters or other shapes. Since I don't have Adobe Illustrator currently installed on my computer I cannot guide you through the process of creating custom brushes, but here's a useful link for you: http://www.northlite.net/artlandia/a...ia_brushes.htm
    IP