Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: FLASH TUTORIAL: All you need to know about Flash in Xara by Xhris!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarcher View Post
    Great Tutorial Xhris.
    When I downloaded the file and printed it off,some of the images printed over the edge of the A4 paper.
    I have reset the pages in the attatched file if anyone else has this problem.
    Yes, I didn't really design it for printing - something I should consider in future. The images are only at 96 dpi and are larger than the A4 page as you say.

Here is a copy for people who like PDF files!
    Hope you don't mind Xhris.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cheers Xhris,

Very concise.

3.3.2 _level
    (See video “Object command – level”.) The _level command
    I can't find this video.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Cheers Xhris,

Very concise.

I can't find this video.
    Hey Egg,

See my first post: the videos don't (yet) exist, and may possibly never exist. I'll try when it's suitable for me.

May I add my thanks for all your hard work new and old, Xhris. Much appreciated.
    ..Norman

Thumbs up Re: FLASH TUTORIAL: All you need to know about Flash in Xara by Xhris!

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post

This is a second and superior version of the Flash tutorial I originally wrote here, and includes new and re-written content, including how to use the levels command. I've started a new thread because there were suggestions that the previous one was hard to find.

This should help those who want material other than in the help file on this new feature of Xara Xtreme Pro. Associated with this tutorial are some YouTube videos which still haven't been finished, and may in fact still never see the light of day - depends if I can get the time and a suitably quiet recording environment.

Any possible updates to the tutorial will appear in this thread rather than the previous one (which should now be considered defunct). Only recently was the unofficially supported "levels" feature discovered and thus included here, and there could be more to come. It was written in MS Word and is intended to be viewed in HTML view - Open Office should work as well, but I've not tried it.

This supplements the other tutorials I've done:

Bump Mapping - a tutorial about shining lights in Xara.
    Custom Fills - a tutorial about producing custom fill types other than the standard circular/elliptical etc ones.
    Custom Transparency Types - a tutorial about producing transparency types other than the standard circular/elliptical etc ones.
    Extruding - a tutorial about how to simulate the effect of 3D extrusions in Xara.
    Bitmap Tracer - a tutorial covering everything you need to know about Xara's Bitmap Tracer and how to get the most out of it.
    Brushes - a tutorial explaining everything about brushes in Xara. All my brushes available here, including the natural media ones.

This could also be considered a Christmas present. Enjoy.

PS. Isn't the Flash title above spectacular?! If it's any bigger in physical size, it crunches to a halt due to it's complexity. Reminds me of the intro to one of the super-people films.

I've added a printable version now.
    THANKS XHRIS - I may have to Retire just to Read the Stuff Everyone has Done & Posted Here - Hmmmm, not a 'bad' Idea - Thanks! ;-^) Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

I've done two flash videos on YouTube. Still lots more to do, but I might not get time to do them. I'll soon become invisible on this forum for a long time (new country).

Xhris, are you moving to the US (like your Location info states)? If so, WELCOME!!!! This will be the US's gain and England's loss!

How do we locate your YouTube videos?
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Xhris, are you moving to the US (like your Location info states)? If so, WELCOME!!!! This will be the US's gain and England's loss!

How do we locate your YouTube videos?
    I could post them here I suppose. Go to YouTube, search "xara flash" and find one of mine. Username XaraXhris.

Xhris

Believe it or not we do have computers in the US!
    You can find them in a cafe, library even some pubs.

Cheers Mate!