Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default FLASH TUTORIAL: All you need to know about Flash in Xara by Xhris!

This is a second and superior version of the Flash tutorial I originally wrote here, and includes new and re-written content, including how to use the levels command. I've started a new thread because there were suggestions that the previous one was hard to find.

This should help those who want material other than in the help file on this new feature of Xara Xtreme Pro. Associated with this tutorial are some YouTube videos which still haven't been finished, and may in fact still never see the light of day - depends if I can get the time and a suitably quiet recording environment.

Any possible updates to the tutorial will appear in this thread rather than the previous one (which should now be considered defunct). Only recently was the unofficially supported "levels" feature discovered and thus included here, and there could be more to come. It was written in MS Word and is intended to be viewed in HTML view - Open Office should work as well, but I've not tried it.

This supplements the other tutorials I've done:

Bump Mapping - a tutorial about shining lights in Xara.
    Custom Fills - a tutorial about producing custom fill types other than the standard circular/elliptical etc ones.
    Custom Transparency Types - a tutorial about producing transparency types other than the standard circular/elliptical etc ones.
    Extruding - a tutorial about how to simulate the effect of 3D extrusions in Xara.
    Bitmap Tracer - a tutorial covering everything you need to know about Xara's Bitmap Tracer and how to get the most out of it.
    Brushes - a tutorial explaining everything about brushes in Xara. All my brushes available here, including the natural media ones.

This could also be considered a Christmas present. Enjoy.

PS. Isn't the Flash title above spectacular?! If it's any bigger in physical size, it crunches to a halt due to it's complexity. Reminds me of the intro to one of the super-people films.

I've added a printable version now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Title 2.jpg 
Views:	5855 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	33599  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 November 2007 at 06:07 PM. Reason: additions

Default Re: FLASH TUTORIAL: All you need to know about Flash in Xara by Xhris!

Hey Xhris, thanks for the input, maybe you should collect your tutorials and present them in a better way so they stay somewhere.

You can make a tutorial and e-mail it to Gary to put it into xaraxone.

Cheers,

Availor.

Surely Availor this is up to the moderator of this forum to do. Xhris's tutorials have suffered this fate before when you had to do a search for them unless they were posted on the Xone. This seemed a pity to me as they were well produced and a lot of work asweat had gone into them and here's hopng this time they will go into a sticky thread as well as the Xone as they deserve to be there. Xchris's brush tut must be one of the best produced by anyone bar Gary and it should be acknowledged.
    Design is thinking made visual.

This Flash tutorial was the biggest effort of the ones I've done (3,500 words and two re-writes). But the biggest input of work was for the actual collection of brushes that went with the brush tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    You can make a tutorial and e-mail it to Gary to put it into xaraxone.
    Some of the tutorials are already on the Xara Xone. All the ones listed above have their pictures exported at 550 pixels (stored locally with me) for easy inclusion on the Xara Xone if they are wanted there.
    Last edited by Xhris; 23 December 2006 at 09:03 PM.

Albacore, this forum has much information and putting every tutorial as a sticky topic is not possible. Mine are too long gone by the consistent flood of new posts getting up ahead.

I would like to see the tips&tricks forum revived, but alas, that seems to require too much of a work or so, and that is up to the administrator.

[QUOTE=Xhris;190366]QUOTE]

Thanks for the tut man, and that flash looks flashing.
    I won`t look at the tutorial yet, I like to examine things
    for myself first that way I create my own flow, but at a
    certain time I will grind to a stop, and then I probably will need
    the tut, so thanks in advance.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Thank you Chris!
    These are much appreciated
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours

Chris...

This tutorial is truly thorough, clear and easy to understand. It is easy to recognize how much work and thought went into it.

Thanks so very much.
    ---
    Will

thanks chris..tj

Great Tutorial Xhris.
    When I downloaded the file and printed it off,some of the images printed over the edge of the A4 paper.
    I have reset the pages in the attatched file if anyone else has this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files