Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default FLASH TUTORIAL: All you need to know about Flash in Xara by Xhris!

This is a second and superior version of the Flash tutorial I originally wrote here, and includes new and re-written content, including how to use the levels command. I've started a new thread because there were suggestions that the previous one was hard to find.

This should help those who want material other than in the help file on this new feature of Xara Xtreme Pro. Associated with this tutorial are some YouTube videos which still haven't been finished, and may in fact still never see the light of day - depends if I can get the time and a suitably quiet recording environment.

Any possible updates to the tutorial will appear in this thread rather than the previous one (which should now be considered defunct). Only recently was the unofficially supported "levels" feature discovered and thus included here, and there could be more to come. It was written in MS Word and is intended to be viewed in HTML view - Open Office should work as well, but I've not tried it.

This supplements the other tutorials I've done:

Bump Mapping - a tutorial about shining lights in Xara.
    Custom Fills - a tutorial about producing custom fill types other than the standard circular/elliptical etc ones.
    Custom Transparency Types - a tutorial about producing transparency types other than the standard circular/elliptical etc ones.
    Extruding - a tutorial about how to simulate the effect of 3D extrusions in Xara.
    Bitmap Tracer - a tutorial covering everything you need to know about Xara's Bitmap Tracer and how to get the most out of it.
    Brushes - a tutorial explaining everything about brushes in Xara. All my brushes available here, including the natural media ones.

This could also be considered a Christmas present. Enjoy.

PS. Isn't the Flash title above spectacular?! If it's any bigger in physical size, it crunches to a halt due to it's complexity. Reminds me of the intro to one of the super-people films.

I've added a printable version now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Title 2.jpg 
Views:	5858 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	33599  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 November 2007 at 05:07 PM. Reason: additions