Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Spell Check in X-Pro

I don't want XXPro slowed down either.

I do pleanty of things in word before importing them into Xara, like typing in extended characters and spell-checking. That doesn't mean that I want to do them there, just that I have had to.

If (as suggested in the original post) this were added as a plugin, users could choose to load the plugin or not.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Albacore,

Does this progam have an English(UK) spell checker?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Don't know Egg never downloaded programme. Have always had the dicipline to work in word and then import into what package I am using, from InDesign, Excel right through to Illy and Xara. I know what you are going to say why use that method in InDesign it has a great spell checker my only answer is I only have to use or have one custom dictionary (spellchecker) and I do it all the time its habit now. Another reason for giving info out even when I don't use the software, I am slightly hacked off at the moment with all the moaning that goes on in this forum, I am not really moaning at this thread as I think this is quite a reasonable request especially now since Pro's linked text fields were introduced, but there are a lot of folk expecting away too much from a vector drawing package and the price that they are asked to pay is about the same as an Adobe Classroom Book for AI, PS or ID
    Last edited by Albacore; 21 December 2006 at 02:04 PM. Reason: wanted to add more
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks Albacore. I'm not a great lover of Spell Checkers coming with every program. Ideally they should be a module of the OS. I used to use a tiny program called iFinger which I found invaluable, but unfortunately it doesn't operate fully under XP.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

The free version TinySpell has an American English dictionary with 110,000+ words in it. TinySpell+ can also have English spell checker. TinySpell+ is the upmarket version of the free TinySpell. Upmarket in that it costs $7 or whatever you agree to!!

Even though the free version is American English it seems to work for most English spoken here in OZ.

Erik

I have copied the following from the Help section of TinySpell.

-------------------------------
    Supports change of dictionary (unofficial):

tinySpelI+ comes with an American-English dictionary. Other dictionaries are available, in principle, however the company that licenses them (LexSaurus Software, Inc.) apparently does not do it any more. So if you can somehow obtain a copy of a dictionary (consists of two files: n71.lex and n00.sup, see below) you just need to copy it to the tinySpell directory. You may find in our forum links to dictionaries that were found by other users.

Note: due to some Windows limitations, tinySpell does not handle "dead keys" properly. A dead key is a key that produces no output when it is pressed, but modifies the output of the next key pressed after it. Dead keys are commonly used in European keyboards to generate letters with accents (diacritics). A word that contains a character that was produced with a dead key might be (wrongly) marked as a misspelled word by tinySpell, and a replacement word that contains an accented character that requires a dead key might be inserted without this character.

The additional dictionaries are (file names in parenthesis):

British (271.lex, 200.sup)

French (371.lex, 300.sup)

German (471.lex, 400.sup)

Spanish (571.lex, 500.sup)

Italian (671.lex, 600.sup)

Dutch (771.lex, 700.sup)

Swedish (871.lex, 800.sup)

Danish (971.lex, 900.sup)

Norwegian (1071.lex, 1000.sup)

----------------------------------------------