Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spell Check in X-Pro

Is there a spell check feature or plug-in for Extreme Pro.

I can't seem to locate it. Maybe I'm missing something

Thanks in advance
    Danny

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Spell Check in X-Pro

Something that has been on the wish list for a long time....but no, there is no spell check in XXPro.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    ....but no, there is no spell check in XXPro.
    Thankfully! That's a typical El Bloato feature and the last thing we need more of -- for every Windows graphics user probably has 4-5-6 spell checkers installed already, built into our email apps, word processing apps, page layout apps.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

OK AI CS has got a spell checker but this programme is a VECTOR DRAWING programme not a DTP one. If you are doing a newsletter you prepare your work in word and then copy & paste it into X Pro your new multi page doc. All reviews wax lyrically over Xara speed, we all like its speed so why change? AI forth comming upgrade, and this is what the upgrade is all about, is about restoring its lost speed since ver. 8. Now isn't that terrible the major reason for an upgrade is to restore its speed which has been lost, and this is the time when the raw computing power has increased so much over the last 4 years. Now we have a programme which runs rings around AI in boot up time, redraw time with vetors and bitmaps so why try and slow it down by increasing its processing time. This plea comes from an ex technical teacher who can not spell to save himself without a spell checker. If you can say to me, "this will not slow Xara down", then fine but if it does then I would not be interested in the upgrade as this is the main reason for using this programme. I am forced to use AI at work and have become accustomed to using it, and yes even its pen tool, but i still return to Xara with my freelance work and my own perrsonal work for the joy of not running out of RAM, hard disc space or processing speed and the joy of using the Shape Editing Tool in Xara. Now I know that Charles looks and listens to this forum and impliments the requests listed here but please Charles if the spell checker slows down this programme then think again.
    Last edited by Albacore; 19 December 2006 at 10:23 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore, I couldn't agree with you more.

I do ALL my writing in Word, so I can chedk spelling and grammar in both English and Spanish. Along with insertion of page numbers, footnotes, etc.

Word does these things well, along with automatic text flow in columns, and a host of other DTP features. Once this is done, I go to Xara.

Then I go to Xara.

As one of my clients commented, "You make it nice in Word, then you make it POW in Xara!"

---
    Will

With all the new functions with Pro it would make life a lot easier. There really is no need for word if this program has spell check. Why open another program when Pro can do it all. I can't image that spell checker would bog down the system that much but what do I know I'm not a software designer.

Anyway, the previous post don't really answer my question about a plug-in, is there one?

Danny

Danny have a look at this little app. which you can turn off & on when required:http://tinyspell.m6.net/
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore,
    I have been using TinySpell for a while now mainly with small word and text processors. It works like a charm with X Extreme and I am sure it will work with Pro. It seems to work with anything and once set up you forget it until you make a mistake and it goes "ping". It checks spelling in whatever program you are in. For example I was using Excel this evening and it worked there as usual.
    It is a a great little program.
    Erik

Thanks Albacore and Tallis

Danny